Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Peavy vs. Marshall

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks

Related Article:
    Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Amp

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks hey i have heard the peavy cabs and you are better with the marshall or mesa cabs. they sound the best. i have a xxl and i run it with a metal zone(various other effects) and mesa 4×12 cab. if you ask me this is the best setup i have ever had and i have run quite a few. hope this helps. jason

Anonymous

: : I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks : hey i have heard the peavy cabs and you are better with the marshall or mesa cabs. they sound the best. i have a xxl and i run it with a metal zone(various other effects) and mesa 4×12 cab. if you ask me this is the best setup i have ever had and i have run quite a few. hope this helps. jason Hey: a local band uses an xxl, they run it through a peavy cab, and it sounds amazing. I’ve never heard one through a marshall or mesa but the peavy has a nice full rounded tone. good luck!–\casey

Anonymous

Well..You can’t compare this two manufacturer..As you know TUBE is TUBE even is in Peavey, Crate or Marshall. Peavey has more aggressive sound. Marshall have warmer sound. Peavey is for CLASSIC HARDROCK…Marshall for anything else..But, when you will playing with tone control you can make an flat Marshall sound!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.