Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Takamine lawsuit Martin 00-28 copy

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Oddball – I’ve got a ef307S 00-18 copy by Takamine during the "lawsuit" period, but now I’ve found a 00-28 copy. Never seen one before. It doesn’t have the model number stamped in the wood. Has a paper inside which is partially ripped, so no model number. Any ideas?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Solid top. Purchased in 1973, sole owner. Very good condition. Cased. Any clues of it’s value? Thanks!

Anonymous

I have a 1973 D-28 copy; it too has a paper label, so it would seem that your is prior to the 1977 mentioned elsewhere in this post, and at least as old as 1973. : Oddball – I’ve got a ef307S 00-18 copy by Takamine during the "lawsuit" period, but now I’ve found a 00-28 copy. Never seen one before. It doesn’t have the model number stamped in the wood. Has a paper inside which is partially ripped, so no model number. Any ideas?

Anonymous

….. I have a 1977 copy…. the stamp is there. you need to look close !!! my have dust on it..middle of the hole!!!

Anonymous

i’ve got a takamine f-150 that looks like an old martin 00-28. No pickguard, slotted peghead. The top has i light brown stain, presumably to make it look more like an old martin & the tuners were "tarnished" at the factory for the same reason. it’s stamp dated inside for july 1984. i bought it new in SF w/case for ~$450 & i’m wondering what it’s worth now. i can’t seem to find mention of another one of these on the net. Any info is appreciated. thanks, [email protected]

Anonymous

I have an F 370 from 1977. It has no paper label. and I thought the f 37 was the d28 copy. Hmmm seems none of this is clear. But hey what does it matter. Arent these lawsuit guitars stunning ?

Anonymous

Re: I have an F 370 from 1977. It has no paper label. and I thought the f 37 was the d28 copy. Hmmm seems none of this is clear. But hey what does it matter. Arent these lawsuit guitars stunning ? I’m not sure about your f 37, but the F-307 was the 00-18 copy. I’ve seen the D-28 and D-18 copies. They’re great too, but I don’t know the models…

Anonymous

Clarification: My 307s was made in June of 1979, which I think was near the end of the "lawsuit" models. Brian, is yours the dreadnought? My 28 style is also the 00 size of the 307s.

Anonymous

I’ve got a 1977 Takamine F-360S which is the clone to the martin 28 series. Mine has the model number woodburned on the center truss. Haven’t seen one with the paper label. Now I’m wondering what year yours was made.

Anonymous

I have a FP 360S (left-handed) and was wondering if anyone had any info about it? I too do not have a paper label, the model number is woodburned into the guitar. How did you date your Tak? Mine is fitted with the accuracoustic preamp. What is the value of this guitar? Please e-mai me with any info anyone might have, thanks!

Anonymous

I have a f363 that I have been unable to find information on. Do you know anything about this model, or do you know where I can search? : Oddball – I’ve got a ef307S 00-18 copy by Takamine during the "lawsuit" period, but now I’ve found a 00-28 copy. Never seen one before. It doesn’t have the model number stamped in the wood. Has a paper inside which is partially ripped, so no model number. Any ideas?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.