Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yamaki Guitar

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

can anyone tell me if Yamaki Guitars where made in the us or Japan. I am also wanting to sell my Yamaki Custom, and was wondering what it goes for on the market. it is an acustic 6 string and the number that is imprinted on the inside it W125 if that matters.I have spoken to music store owners and some guitar instructors and they have never heard of the name. I would welcome any help in this matter.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I used to have a Yamaki 12-string. A guy I jam with owns it now and the sound is phenomenal. It rivals the sound of many high end guitars. I regret ever selling it but at least I still get to play it

Anonymous

I own a 12 string yamaki nd i must say it is probaly one of my favourite instruments. It plays well and sounds fucking great. As far as I know they were made in japan in the 70s and wre sued by yamah over the simalarity of the names. I work in a music store and no one has ever heard of them. Oh well, their loss. Hope that helper you out mate.

Anonymous

: can anyone tell me if Yamaki Guitars where made in the us or Japan. I am also wanting to sell my Yamaki Custom, and was wondering what it goes for on the market. it is an acustic 6 string and the number that is imprinted on the inside it W125 if that matters.I have spoken to music store owners and some guitar instructors and they have never heard of the name. I would welcome any help in this matter.

Anonymous

They were made in Japan in the 70-80’s they changed name to Daion in late 80’s I have 1 of each They had 2 main levels of quitars, one that were exported and a very high hand made line that stayed in Japan. Due to when they stopped making them, hard to say what they are worth, the higher end models are going for upwards of $700 – 1000US hope this helps

Anonymous

I have purchase this guitar in California at a music shop on Van Nuys Blvd for $ 130.00 US at the time. I also have the same experience music shop same answer never heard off it. I am telling you it is one of the best guitar that I ever had the sound. I would appreciated if someone out there could tell me how much does it worth today.

Anonymous

I am a guitar dealer and just bought one at a Guitar show. I have learned that Yamakis were made in Japan in the 1970s. They are well made and area great value. They do not seem to be very sought after.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.