Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Roland GR-33 and Korg Triton

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

how effective is the roland gr33 when used with a Korg triton?if neone has used them in conjunction do reply,thanx in advance

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Well what do you know? Actually I will be doing that exact combo Today too bad this link is really old as I just notice the date of last postinga as am writing this. oh well, I will use a Triton Le for the main keyboard and I will use a Midi controller to control the GR33. That way it will similate having a Roland Keyboard and a Korg Keyboard. I have tried the GR33 as a keyboard for sometime now and adding the Triton Le. for what I hear the Triton does I think it does a killer combo.

Anonymous

I haven’t done this specifically, but I thought I’d respond because I was thinking about doing the same thing. Great minds think alike. I have however done some research on-line and the general consensus is that the internal sounds are very good for triggering, but the midi out has some number of milliseconds delay (?? 39-55 msecs?? maybe more). You’d have to determine if that’s acceptable. Also, the bank selecting functions available through the GR33 foot pedals, etc, don’t translate over to other devices. If the Triton can be programmed to catch what midi cc’s are sent out and translate it on its side, you should be fine. Do you have the GR33 or the Triton? If you have the GR33, download MIDIOX on your computer (free) to monitor what exactly is coming out of your GR33. I’d be curious to hear what you find and what types of fun you’re planning on having with that killer combo. !

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.