Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics shiro mandolin

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

bought a mandolin in the 80’s with no markings other than shiro on the headstock. would you have any information on this instrument? appreciate any help.
    thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a mint Shiro mandolin that I am interested in selling. I have posted it on the Albany, NY craigslist. No labels, no numbers, simply beautiful mandolin.

Anonymous

Shiro Arai is the name of the founder of Aria. He was a well known classical guitarist in Japan who in the 1960’s decided to do something about the supply of guitars made in Japan. Now, it is uncertain whether “Shiro” instruments are an “Aria” variation, though I do believe they may be. At least, I think they were probably made at the same factory. I have a “Shiro” mandolin that I like very much. It was certainly well made and quite possibly from the famous Matsumoku factory which made instruments for several companies including Aria, Kentucky, Washburn, etc.

John
      Austin TX

Anonymous

: bought a mandolin in the 80’s with no markings other than shiro on the headstock. would you have any information on this instrument? appreciate any help. : thanks, : Joe Hey Joe, I have a guitar (6 string electric) 2 pickups with neck thru design. This guitar I received from a friend after giving him some memory for an old appleII that he was trying to us for midi files. i got the guitar in 1994 and had often wondered it origin. I was trying to find out something about it when I found your question about the mandolin. I know nothing but if i find any thing about SHiro I will Let you Know. Please do the Same> Thanks Ray!

Anonymous

OK fellow shiro owners I have tracked down a few facts on the shiros. As far as I can tell they are an essentially an old Aria. Arias use to be made by a company (not by ibanez like everyone thinks) called shiro aria. I hope this helps a little bit. take care, joshua ryan

Anonymous

I am a guitar player in a rock band. We play shows in oregon. I don’t have the money to buy gibson’s or breedloves, so i was wondering if anyone wanted to sell their shiro’s. If you do I would love to hear from you. My email is [email protected] Thank you so much for your time. Sincerely, JOshua ryan.

Anonymous

http://www.therathole.org/guitars/arai_matsumoku.html Shiro Arai manufactured instruments – could be from this company : : bought a mandolin in the 80’s with no markings other than shiro on the headstock. would you have any information on this instrument? appreciate any help. : : thanks, : : Joe : Hey Joe, I have a guitar (6 string electric) 2 pickups with neck thru design. This guitar I received from a friend after giving him some memory for an old appleII that he was trying to us for midi files. i got the guitar in 1994 and had often wondered it origin. I was trying to find out something about it when I found your question about the mandolin. I know nothing but if i find any thing about SHiro I will Let you Know. Please do the Same> Thanks Ray!

Anonymous

I also bought a Shiro guitar in the 80s. It was the finest playing guitar I’ve ever owned. I have tried in vain to find out the company origin so I could buy another but have had no luck. Let me know if you find out anything. Thanks Ray

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.