Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hustler Hummingbird acoustic guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can somebody help me? I have been given a Hustler guitar with a sunburst hummingbird pattern Like the 70’s Gibson. Does anybody know how old it might be and where it was made. It is in excellent condition and I would love to know what it might be worth.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Just found this page via Google, I also have this guitar, Gibson like neck with sunburst finish and the Hummingbird scratch plate. Mine is lucky enough to have the manufacturers paper label glued inside. These guitars were made in Korea (no mention of South or otherwise), it has the HUSTLER logo on it and bears the manufacturer production number “H400”. Thats it, don’t be excited at all, this is a foreign copy, the label is a cheap print and the paper looks only just better than tissue, all the print is in green apart from the production number which was done at a later stage and is stamped in BLACK capitals. I have had mine for nearly 20 years and have to replace the tuning pegs but the guitar is showing signs that it wants to rest now and as this would cost far more to upgrade than that of the comensurate value of this instrumnet it is time to start saving my pennies. I hope this is in someway helpful.

Anonymous

Hey, I’ve got a hustler guitar too, although mine is plain yellow. It’s apparently made in korea and atleast 20 years old. The brand is impossible to find tho, I got this from my father who bought it used in the late 80’s, wasn’t expensive tho. If anyone has any more info, I’d appreciate it.

Anonymous

It is probably worth a tenner at the most

Anonymous

Hey, i can’t really help with the question, but i also have this guitar, and i found this post from searching google. have you found out anything else? because i dont know much either.

Anonymous

Hey I have the same one as well. When ya’ll find something out let me know 🙂

Anonymous

I have the same hustler hummingbird design. My old man brought it when he was in high school. Around 1980. He said it was not very expensive back then as he saved and brought it himself- so I guess it is not worth much now!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.