Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics modifying Ibanez TS7 tube screamer to 808 specs and creme machine mod

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve recently noticed that there is a way to modify the TS7 to sound like the vintage 808 tubescreamer. I know the change involves replacing the TS7 film resisters with higher grade resisters, but which ones in the schematic? I’m also interested in knowing if there’s a way to modify a Creme Machine to sound less like a treble boosted Marshall Plexi (Van Halen type overdrive) and more bluesy with richer bass frequency like Stevie Ray or Hendrix. (There’s no tone control)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I’ve recently noticed that there is a way to modify the TS7 to sound like the vintage 808 tubescreamer. I know the change involves replacing the TS7 film resisters with higher grade resisters, but which ones in the schematic? I’m also interested in knowing if there’s a way to modify a Creme Machine to sound less like a treble boosted Marshall Plexi (Van Halen type overdrive) and more bluesy with richer bass frequency like Stevie Ray or Hendrix. (There’s no tone control) Reply: u can add a 100nF capacitor at the output wiper of the output volume pot at the back of the cream machine. In conjuction with the pot it this will function as a high cut filter. this will remove some of the fizz. the unit will sound darker. user lower values to make it sound less dark. to enhance bass response: there is a dual opamp circuit (NE5532a) before the signal enters the tube section. this circuit could be bypassed. but i’m not sure how to fix that. by removing it the tube gain stages will be driven less hard!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.