Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics dixon guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

does anyone know anything about the monetary value of dixon guitars. i have looked everywhere and can’t find any information what so ever on them. can someone direct me on where to look.

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I was given a black Dixon V in early 90’s. Had a friend do a custom paint job on it back then, still have the guitar but looks like the serial number stick has worn off over the years. Any info on the Dixon V?

Anonymous

Oh yeah, the backplate says made in Japan and then H-750631

Anonymous

Ok, so I’ve been scrolling through and I have yet to see anyone with a Dixon rickenbacker knockoff. I of course can’t find another one anywhere. It’s in damn near mint condition. Anyone know of these?

Anonymous

Hello, I’m an artist who does mosaics on guitars. I have a excel by Dixon DG1. Not sure if I should keep it so it can still be played or a piece art. It’s really beautiful and sounds sweet. Would love comments! Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Dixon DG4 AT Made in Korea. I’m guessing it’s from the 80’s. Anyone have any information on this? I’m very curious to what the “AT” signifies following the model number.

Anonymous

Mine has thin oval tuning heads and is all aged yellow, has a Gibson sound. It’s not a 0-683. It’s just a 683. Pick guard art work is mostly worn away. It’s a beautiful piece of work and sounds so good. Need info on model number and what numbers mean?
      Thanks…..RP

Anonymous

I have a Dixon Model D24 with a nymber inside T9024 made in japan ,wondering what year and what it is worth

Anonymous

Still looking for a 762j.

Anonymous

I have Dixon 762J in very good shape. It’s a beautiful instrument with Abalone inlay around every edge and on the fretboard. Let me know if you’d like to buy or trade.

Anonymous

I’ve been looking for a Dixon 762j. Owned one many years ago and would like to find another. If anyone on this sight knows of one or has one for sale hit me up. Thanks guys.

Anonymous

I’ve been looking on the internet all over the place for a neck that would fit. 22 fret 3 + 3 headstock. I was looking at ones for other LP bodies like Gibson, but they’re shaped weird at the bottom and I dont think they’d fit.

Anonymous

I have a Dixon model 7000 acoustic. Made in Japan. Excellent sound, easy to play, and has impressed every guitar snob who had previously looked down their noses at a Dixon. My mom bought it for me, second hand in the early 80’s. Still in great shape but I can’t find a single bit of information on this model. It moved out with my daughter and I want a replacement. Anyone know anything about the 7000 model? Or another Dixon model comparable to the 7000?

Anonymous

Hi I have a Dixon Guitar its a solid body
      Cherry looks just like a Gibson has four pick up on it and a and haves Dixon in large letters on the top would like a little information on it please thanks dalvis8

Anonymous

Hi, I also have a Dixon solid body. It looks like an early ’80s Gibson “The Paul”. I bought it from some guy on Craigslist for $100. Can’t find a serial number and lots of conflicting info online. My favorite theory is the one about a guy named Dixon who had a falling out with Gibson, went to Japan and started making Gibson copies, using his designs. Gibson sued and won, bankrupting Dixon; they then went around buying up Dixon guitars and destroying them. May or may not be true.. but it would make a cool Netflix movie, right? The thing is built like a tank.. I call it “The Log”.. I’m not an expert player and don’t know much about guitar electronics, but would like to know if it’s worth maybe upgrading some of the cheap parts, making it as close to a Gibson 335s as possible. Any info greatly appreciated.. Thanks Mike R

Anonymous

Any information on this guitar it plays great date of mfg and value7

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the Dixon model 628 12 string with steel tailpiece, made in Japan?

Anonymous

I have a Dickson DG -4 guitar
      I would v
      Consider selling for the right price.
      Contact if interested.

[email protected]

Anonymous

Hi all, I know these posts are now way old but I owned an Odessa acoustic by Dixon & at that time looked hard for history. Tough to find anything. But did find out that Dixon worked for G… & went out solo making guitars. G… not happy went about making sure as many as possible didn’t make it to market & hello lawsuit. That’s all I found out. Yes that’s probably why they sound soo good. I now own a half size classical headstock shape acoustic, Dixon made in Taiwan approx 40 yrs old & strung with old steels. Sounds sweet. Cheers all.

Anonymous

Good Morning. Just picked up a Dixon 698 in mint condition. I am just a beginner. Problem is, I don’t know if I should be afraid to play it out of fear of unintentional damage. If it’s worth thousands of dollars, I should put in in a glass case. If only hundreds, then I have a great guitar. Any advice?

Anonymous

I have a flat top Dixon DG-7 6-string. All it says on label is Made in Korea Dixon DG-7.
      It has a 2 piece back. Spruce top, black pick guard. Sounds good. Don’t know enough to tell you if it is like a Gibson model or not. I got it from an online auction 10 years ago
      Sides and back are dark wood. Has a truss rod that is adjustable thru the sound hole. I’m gonna try to adjust the neck. How could I tell what size guitar it is?
      Best,
      Eldo Hartz

Anonymous

I am interested in purchasing a Dixon 12- String guitar I came across at a garage sale. Model #DG18-12 Assembled in Korea Serial #D89032715. It is in very good shape in a case that has seen better days. It has frets inlays a V style neck with a inscription of EST 1942. The seller is asking $600.00 and I want to know what it is worth. Can you help?

Anonymous

I have been on the search for a Dixon hummingbird to purchase and have not been successful, if anyone knows anything about this pleases reply it’s my husbands dream guitar he loves them thanks in advance

Anonymous

I have a blue Dixon guitar, it’s an electric and has a maple neck. Has maybe one scratch and it’s the nicest guitar I’ve ever played with. I’d be willin to sell it, I’m looking to buy a sting ray bass with the money I get from it. If you want pictures I’d be glad to talk. My email is [email protected]

Anonymous

I have been reading all the comments on the Dixon guitars and am amazed about how little information is out there. I own a fifties f hole acoustic in reasonable good shape with no ID what so ever.
      I plan to refinish it to bring it back to its natural beauty.
      Long story short the older Dixon’s are from the original creator. As you move into the 60’s and 70’s it becomes just another japan guitar. Replacement parts are impossible to find. As a Luthier I will have to make some components.
      All I can say is the old your Dixon the better chance that it could be a real collector piece. I can’t believe how suppressed any information is on this guitar. That proves to me that Gibson is involved in some manner. This has happened before with them. Good luck

Anonymous

I was given a Dixon RG-918 about 20 years ago. I don’t remember who gave ti to me and I just started to learn guitar two months ago. Got it strung up and it sounds like a dream. Brought it to the local Long & McQuade and they said they never heard of the brand but that it was indeed amazing sounding. Their guitar techs saying it sounded better than their own expensive guitars. I am researching to find more info and to try to contact collectors. I have bookmarked this page and if I find out info, I will return and post here.

Anonymous

@dean lawson
      Do you still happen to have this guitar and if so, are you interested in selling? I am a 20yr. Owner of a Dixon 693 and have never seen another, and would like to purchase yours to be able to make comparisons and investigate further the legitimacy of the stories regarding the brand.

Anonymous

mines even more rare id say dixon model 696l left handed looks just like a d28 martin and plays better made in japan late 60s early 70s

Anonymous

I have a Dixon Dove model 693 perfect condition with the original case hard case that came with it beautiful guitar I would be interested in selling it

Anonymous

I have a Dixon Hummingbird acoustic guitar that belonged to my brother. My brother died in 1999 and I inherited the guitar after his death. I saw two posts above that identified their guitars as Dixon Hummingbird acoustic Model No. 684.6. My Dixon acoustic guitar looks just like a Gibson Hummingbird with the exception of the name Gibson it reads Dixon at the top of the headstock. The tag inside the guitar reads Craftsman Made Model 684.6 Made In Japan. I saw a Gibson Hummingbird for sale at a guitar shop. I went home and brought in my Dixon Hummingbird and played both guitars side by side and my Dixon acoustic Hummingbird sounded just as good as the Gibson Hummingbird. The guy at the shop was asking a little over $5 grand for the Gibson Hummingbird.

I am wondering now how much my Dixon Hummingbird acoustic is worth. The guitar is not in excellent condition but I was say it is in very good condition with only a minor scratch under the strings on the body and one small dent that looks like it was made by a fingernail in the finish. I bought a hardshell case to store it in since it came with no guitar case.

Anonymous

Well I have a Dixon banjo that I have been trying to find information on for some time. It was actually given to me by a friend years ago. It sat in a case for many years and then my Deering got damaged beyond repair and I pulled it out got it set up tuned it in and it was nicest sounding banjo I had ever played. After a little more inspection I noticed the over all quality of the banjo and was really impressed. I don’t anything other than what I’ve read on this site about Dixon, but I can tell you that my Dixon banjo sounds incredible, and far more talented banjo players than me have said that as well. I get compliments from other banjo and guitar players every time I jam.

Anonymous

Around 1977 a friend wanted me to play bass for him and found me this Dixson black with white binding bass with gold hardware – this bass was sweet and I wish I still had it and have never seen another like it.

Anonymous

Hello
        There is one for sale in CL in my area with case for 400.00. It looks pretty cool, but I know nothing about Dixon guitars and little to be found on line. Any thoughts.

Anonymous

I have an acoustic Dixon Dove, Model 693, that i’ve had since the early ’70s. Would love to know a little about it if any one can help.

Anonymous

I have a Dixon DG-9 acoustic that is essentially a copy of a Martin D29. I have no idea when or where it was made, because the label inside the body makes no mention of these things. I got the guitar in 1995 from my younger brother, who was given the guitar by a couple of girls he met while partying with a few friends in a local county park. He didn’t know how to play, so he sold it to me for $50.

The guitar plays and sounds amazing! It stays in tune forever, even if I let it sit unplayed for months. I’ve played it with friends who were playing “for real” Martin, Gibson and Taylor acoustics right beside me, and they’ve all commented that that old Dixon sounds better than their high-dollar guitars. The string action is better than any other acoustic guitar that I’ve ever played, and better than most electric guitars as well.

As mentioned, I know very little about this guitar even though I’ve been playing it for over 30 years. The one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVER sell my Dixon acoustic! Being as there doesn’t seem to be any other guitar that is good as my Dixon available at any price, selling it would be an act of either stupidity or desperation.

Anonymous

i bought this guitar in mexico for $20 bucks from a kid that didnt want it, its an amazing guitar, with low action and endeless sustain, the neck is lacked in gloss black and is as comfortable as a PRS or ESP neck, keep looking for this guitars and get one, i own more than 40 collectors guitars, mostly US and Japan Made, this is one of a kind….. i will upload pics if you are interested 🙂

Anonymous

I have the above listed guitar. I bought it several years ago for my Mother-In-Law, who never played it, but loved to look at it, and hear me play it… She passed away and I got it back recently.. I’d like to know what, if anything, it might be worth.. I know that in the grand scheme of things, I don’t need another guitar, but this one is so well built, and the pick-ups are crystal clear, I know it has to be worth holding on too.! But how tightly..? $500, $400, $300..?
      Thanks for any help you can offer..

Anonymous

Can’t find anything about this guitar I would like to know what it’s worth and all that I found out a lot of stuff about ones like it but I can’t find no DG- 2

Anonymous

I have a Dixon model 308 that I am trying to find info and value on. Does anyone have and info they can share with me.

Anonymous

Any info on this guitar would be appreciated. Thank you

Anonymous

I bought a Dixon XL Strat copy at a flea market about six months ago for $125. Hot pink with a maple neck. Solid as a rock. After searching for any info I could find for a few months, I gave up and just decided that I have one bad ass guitar and I got it cheap. WIN!
      That being said, if anyone does find anything on them, lemme know.

Anonymous

I have just bought a Dixon Odessa SC-01 classical guitar. I bought it not aware of the brand but on the quality of the manufacturing and feel.Can anyone enlighten me what I have bought?

Anonymous

INFO ON THIS GUITAR PLEASE HAS SHADOW BRIDGE INSTALLED FROM FACTORY. DATE MADE AND WHAT ITS WORTH. THANKS.

Anonymous

bought a Dixon model 62H in 74 it is 1 of the best sounding guitars that I have. Thanks for the info…

Anonymous

I have a Dixon guitar, Model 762 J, Serial Number 750314. It looks like a Martin D-35 with the 3 piece back. I have been unable to find any information on this guitar. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I owned one of these years back. I loved it. Are you interested in selling it?

Anonymous

Hey guys. I owned the very last lawsuit Takamine made and was stolen about two years ago. It was an amazing guitar, I’d dare to say had not a better sound than Martin because the sound is unique to each guitarist, but a more hypnotic tone that couldn’t be replicated…or so I thought. I recently was recycling an abandoned house set for demolition and found a near perfect Dixon DG-9. I’m not sure how long it had been in the house, which had been exposed to a lot of moisture. Needless to say, the guitar had a slight bow to the lower body. Someone had tried to force a homemade peg in the B, most likely with a hammer, but after doing some work, restoring, and time to cure, this guitar is a dream from a era of music I wish I had been a part of. I know some have negative thoughts on “lawsuit” guitars but as a historian, I have to tell you that if some of these designers had branched off say in the 30’s to 50’s, they would be recognized as one of the majors. When the “Big Two” took over most, it was do it their way or leave…making sure they would not compete. Long story short, if you have or can find a few of the very well made models of Dixons, hold on to them and play them!! They were build so well that they will last through wear and thrash(easy on the thrashing lol). Play on and keep picking!!

Anonymous

I just bought a Dixon bass for under $100.00…..any new info about their worth/value ?

Anonymous

Does anyone have any info on the Dixon DG-41 guitar?

Anonymous

I too have a Dixon DG-41 It is in excellent shape and plays and sounds great. It is a well made guitar.
        Did you ever find anything out about them? I buy and sell and collect old acoustic guitars. If I were to try and sell it I would be pricing in the $400-$500 range. Any thing you could share would be welcome.I have looked for years for information on this very well made guitar’

Larry
        New Orleans
        504-324-1054

Anonymous

Does anyone have info on a Dixon DG-2N Acoustic Guitar? It’s 36″ long. No other identifying marks expect model no inside guitar.

Anonymous

I have a dixon Hummingbird guitar model # 627 made in Japan, it says nothing else anywhere just the plate on the inside of the guitar. My dad bought it when he was 16 and married my mom… I would love to know its worth. Its a beautiful guitar, and not like the ones I have seen on here , mine isn’t a sunburst color at all. It plays amazingly. I cant seem to find out much about it … Any help is appreciated !!!

Anonymous

Hello,

Like pretty much everyone here I would be interested to find out the real value of my RG 818 DIXON and maybe the year of manufacture.
      I would appreciate any information in regards to this.
      Thanks a bunch:)

Eena

Anonymous

I have a Dixon DG-2 acoustic guitar from the early to mid 1980’s I’m trying to figure out what it’s value is. It’s in excellent condition barely used and kept in a case. Where can I find this info out?

Anonymous

i also have a dg-2 series. i received it from my uncle a few years ago and didn’t think much of it until now. i have been told that they are really nice and really expensive guitars if anyone knows anything about this guitar then let me know please. the curiosity kills me.

Anonymous

I have a perfect Dixon mod 693 that I bought new in the mid 70’s. It’s been played very little. It probably has had only 2 or 3 sets of strings on it. I believe it is a copy of a Gibson Dove. Does anyone have an idea of the value?

Anonymous

These guitar are just another import guitar from the 70’s, not meaning they’re no good. Just like the lawsuit takamine’s which are gaining in value. These Dixon models are usually only $100-$150. They just never gained a notable name. You don’t see a lot for sale because many people didn’t properly care for their guitar because it was a inexpensive($50) guitar that could just be beat on. Many broken necks or not repairable Dixon were threw away.

Anonymous

I have a dg1 with original case for sale. Beautiful condition. If interested let me know. Thx

Anonymous

Do you still have it? If so, how much and where do you live?

Anonymous

I have had a dixon guitar in storage for over 2 years now. Recently I have been researching online to see what it may be worth. I have found tons of conflicting answers. If anyone has any information regarding this particular model please email me at [email protected] I have seen anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand! I would love to sell it but I definitely want the correct info about it! Also I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Anonymous

I have a Model 684.6 Hummingbird acoustic. I have had this guitar for 40 years and it still use it to this day for shows. I have never found another guitar that has as rich a sound as this one. It was the first guitar I bought when I started taking lessons. I have been offered well over what I paid for it and like I said I still have it. Well worth the money I paid for it.

Anonymous

Great guitar, nice tone and stays in tune for a long time!

Anonymous

I just got a 684.6 hummingbird for Christmas. Needs a neck reset but the local luthier said it really wasn’t worth the money since it was an import and laminated. He said the top was laminate too and it does look like it. Can anyone confirm? Anyway, I disagree with his not worth putting work into. I have a D28 Martin and this Dixon is still a good sounding guitar even compared to that. It may have a laminate top but has killer tone!

Anonymous

Could you tell me the year on these guitar, and if there’s value in them both. Thank you. MS. Martin

Anonymous

I recently bought a Dixon model 681 S. Does anyone have any info about this guitar?. It sounds great, even with dead strings. It looks alot like a Gibson Mockingbird, same fret and head inlays and Are these guitars worth anything?

Anonymous

I have one I’m interested in selling. I still have seen nothing on values. Very minor blemishes no pick marks. Advice anyone?

Anonymous

Hi PaulBunyn – Did you ever sell your Dixon? If not, I’d be interested.

Anonymous

I have an electric guitar in the telecaster style. It says on the guitar Top of neck XL EXCEL SERIES by Dixon … On the back of the neck is two stickers one says WO 201287. The other says made in Korea . I have not been able to find out any information on this guitar. If anybody has any information please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

I have a very nice Dixon Dove 0-693 and also was hoping someone might have more info on it.This thing looks and plays great.
      Email [email protected]

Anonymous

Ok need some one to look at some pic’s of a guitar I have. All ik about it is that it is a Dixon but I don’t know where to look for numbers or know how to look for make and model so if you could plz e-mail me at [email protected] and ill send you what I have and plz if you know the history of this guitar I want to know as much as I can

Anonymous

any value?

Anonymous

Anyone hav any info on a dixon model 308

Anonymous

I have a Dixon RG-925 it say’s made in Taiwan. Does anyone have any information about it?

Anonymous

I have one that was my uncles and he has passed but the neck and the pin holders are coming up. Where did you get you Dixon RG-925 at? I can’t find a photo anywhere I thought that maybe they took them off the market maybe please tell me that they didn’t

Anonymous

I too just got a dixon 925 for free yesterday from a client I moved an exercise bike for, it was her late husbands and it looks pretty old if you find any information on it please let me know. I just restrung it and it sounds amazing

Anonymous

i am looking to buy a dixon 338 from a friend. isitany good? i cant find it anywhere on th internet

Anonymous

Bought a Dixon DG3 last week at Goodwill for $9.94. WOW what a guitar. Solid mahogony sides and back. Sitka spruce top. Plays like a dream and sounds great. Almost identical to the Martin 000-18 in every way including bracing. Gonna keep this one. Rare find.

Anonymous

Several years ago, I bought a Dixon flying v from a flea market for $75.00. It had the case included. The only thing wrong was the pin had come loose and was out of place. A guitar place near me fixed it and put on a new set of strings for $7.00. The guitar plays and sounds great. I am wondering, what is the price range for a black flying v?

Anonymous

I purchased a Dixon DG-3 acoustic guitar in 1989 from a music store for $100 (which was less than the retail price). It is a great guitar. All mahogany. Made in Korea.

Anonymous

I bought this electric guitar about 20 years ago from a pawn shop and never really learned to play. But now I am motivated and am in the process of refurbishing the electronics. Anyone ever heard of the XL? Red with Black stripes

Anonymous

I havnt been able to find any information on this guitar . Help!

Anonymous

I too am looking to find out something about these. Thinking of selling it but now idea what to ask.

Three piece back with inlay. Solid rosewood box. Single piece spruce top. Lots of inlay on the neck and head. Bridge looks like a Gibson Dove. Head shaped like a Gibson. Label says made in Japan by “IPZ Instruments”.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Anonymous

I have a Dixon SGS-C70 acoustic, made in china. Any info on this model maybe?

Anonymous

I picked up an old Dixon 690. Looks like a Martin…its made in Japan and has a vintage stlye to its lettering…

This thing is nearly mint. Anynsuggestions?

Anonymous

I have a Dixon DG-3 acoustic made in Korea. Any info?

Anonymous

Hi all I also have a Dixon inside is H10F I know absolutely nothing about guitars and have no clue as to whether or not it is real it is in excellent condition How can I tell how old it is

Anonymous

I have a classical acoustic Dixon guitar madel DC-11. I have no idea how much it is worth , but it sounds awesome.

Anonymous

I did a lot of research several years ago on Dixon guitars when I found one at a local shop and the owner was playing it. He sold it to me for 200 and it sounded great! Was surprised at the quality of construction and sound. The inlays were real and the neck was in a V shape style indicating it was made in the 60’s. It took me some time but these guitars were designed by the original designer of Gibson guitars.

There was a dispute over Gibson not noting him as the creator and he was forced out of the business partnership with Gibson leaving him without royalties from Gibson and was told never to build the design again. He went to Japan and created the Dixon brand and upgraded his designs. They sounded better than Gibson but the body shape was modeled after his older ones and soon Gibson took out a lawsuit against him. His company was ruined. Gibson started buying any Dixon guitars they could find and would destroy them in an attempt to erase any memory of Dixon. Only a small amount of guitars survive today because of this and because many would use parts from the cheaper selling Dixons to use on their Gibson guitars.

I was told by a collector that any serious collector would not be found without at least one Dixon guitar lawsuit era. Also if you have one and want to sell it these guitars are worth thousands to the right collector. I have seen some on Ebay and would buy them up if I had the chance. My 628 Model is worth five thousand to private collections. The problem is that Gibson did such a great job erasing them that there are only a few collectors in the country who know anything about them and the real value.

If you have one hold on to it, take the strings off and put it in a case with silica tabs to keep out moisture and oxygen. I am still trying to find the collector I spoke with, since then I have lost his information. These are very Rare guitars and if more knew about this dark little secret the price will go up even more.

Good luck,

Anonymous

I just bought a Dixon Strat.

Anonymous

I just received a Dixon in a trade. It is an sg copy with a bigsby copy trem. The serial number is on the neck plate and it says made in Japan on it the serial number is E761314. What can you tell me about this guitar?

Anonymous

very good shape is there any value and year made

Anonymous

Hi,
          I see you have a DC-10, I have just bought one at a second hand shop in mint condition. it sounds great and is easy to play. What do you know about the model, do you know what year they were made and if they have value?
          Cheers,
          David

Anonymous

The lawsuit you are referring to had nothing to do with Dixon guitars. Harry Rosenbloom, owner of Medley Music Company had a local music store in Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania. He was unable to procure a franchise to sell Martin guitars, even though his store was only 70 miles from Nazareth Pennsylvania. When the guitar boom hit in the 1960’s he was fed up and decided he would hire luthiers and build his own guitars. He called the brand Elger. They were great instruments. But it was very expensive, so this venture lasted only through 1964. In late 1964/1965 he began outsourcing production to Japan and used the Hoshino Gakki Gen company to build his Elger guitars and ship them to the USA under the Elger brandname. This Japanese company marketed electric guitars under the brand name Ibanez. By default Mr. Rosenbloom became the first US Ibanez distributor. The relationship lasted until 1970. In 1971 Hoshino Gakki Gen/Ibanez bought out Rosenbloom and the Elger brandname. These were the years that Ibanez and other Japanese manufacturers were building “replicas” of well known US brands, such as Gibson and Fender. Gibson took note of these guitars being sold in the USA and did not appreciate what they considered to be patent infringement. In 1977, in the US Circuit Court of Philadelphia Gibson’s parent company, Norlin, filed the infamous lawsuit known as Gibson vs. Elger Co. The suit was eventually settled out of court. In fact Ibanez had been aware of the threat of action a year earlier and made changes, particularly to the guitars headstock to make it obvious that this was not a Gibson guitar.

I own a stratocaster type guitar that was made in Japan under the Dixon label. The neck is rock maple. But for the tuners, it is every bit as good as a Fender neck. It has the later and larger Fender headstock design. The body is heavy. It is made out of plywood, however it has a lovely red paint job with a nitrocellous finish. The hardware is OEM style. The pickups were not quite up to Fender standards, but are very usable. It has the old 3 way style switch. It is a very playable instrument that I have used on many occasions.

I am not certain which Japanese or Asian pacific company made Dixons, but I believe them to be what is known as a ghost brand. This would be a brand name added by a musical instrument wholesaler/broker who orders guitars from firms and in turn markets them to retailers. For instance Fernandes guitars does not build guitars, but hires Asian companies to buid them. Ibanez also does this sort of outsourcing. Even Fender and Gibson have done this for years with Squier, Fender Japan and Epiphone.

Anonymous

I have just acquired this instrument, made in TAIWAN.
        It has a great tone which will sound even better when I put new strings on it !
        Do you have any info on this model please?

Anonymous

I have one too. Have you found any information on it?

Anonymous

I have a Dixon electric guitar that looks exactly like the Gretsch 6122/country gentleman – like what George Harrison played with the Beatles. It even has a Bigsby. It sounds amazing. Do you know what it may be worth?

Thank you for your help !

Mark

Anonymous

anyone have or know of resource for Dixon older guitar models. I have adixon electric that has an acoustic hole with hidden pickup but is a solid body
      model as-1 made in korea

Anonymous

hello just got this dixon guitar for next to nothing and trying to find info on it.but neverless this thing sounds awesome better than my alverez anyways an in really good condition.any info would be helpful thank you

Anonymous

DIXON guitars were made in Japan in the early 60’s through the early 70’s. They were made to last even after World War 3! If you can find one, buy it. Their best models are copies of Martin D35, three piece back. These models have Brazilian rosewood on the back and sides, some are solid, some are not. Needless to say, they are equal if not better to Martins. Their D35 copies fetch around $600. I hope this helps.

Anonymous

I am a big fan of Dixon guitars. I have an acoustic Dixon that I bought over 30 years ago and it hold a tune forever and has a nice sound.

Anonymous

I just aquired Dixon model 628 12 string with trapeze bridge, made in Japan, would you happen to have any information about this model?, I have only seen a couple of pictures of old Dixon 12-string guitars and they both have the pin bridge not the trapeze.

Anonymous

Had a Dixon f-hole in the early 1960s, sounded fine, but no clue what it would be worth today if I still had it, which I don’t.

Anonymous

I own ten guitars, three electric, seven acoustic. I own a couple of expensive guitars. I don’t know the value of my Dixon acoustic. It actually has a better tone than my Alvarez. I bought this guitar from a friend for a fifth of vodka. Good Deal?

Anonymous

: does anyone know anything about the monetary value of dixon guitars. i have looked everywhere and can’t find any information what so ever on them. can someone direct me on where to look. My guitar is over 65 years old, and still in very good condition, please help me. V.B.

Anonymous

i have a acoustic,that I would really like to have a price on. Its a Dixon guitar. The registration number is DG-5E. Please email me if you get any info on this guitar.

Anonymous

I have a black Dixon electric guitar. My brother gave it to me and I don’t know its value. Does anyone know about Dixon Guitars? E-mail me if you do.

Anonymous

i have a dg6 hummingbird dixon acoustic, i have seen them for sale used for $130, sadly enough i was dissapointed. I feel like it should be worth more, it plays and looks like a guitar worth lots more.

Anonymous

: i have a dg6 hummingbird dixon acoustic, i have seen them for sale used for $130, sadly enough i was dissapointed. I feel like it should be worth more, it plays and looks like a guitar worth lots more.

Anonymous

: : i have a dg6 hummingbird dixon acoustic, i have seen them for sale used for $130, sadly enough i was dissapointed. I feel like it should be worth more, it plays and looks like a guitar worth lots more. Frank– I too have a dixon hummingbird guitar 12 string no. 684/12. I bought it like in 1973, for 50 dollars. I believe that they are part of a run of guitars made in japan under various names to steal away from gibson…my guitar is still in great shape, cosidering its age…

Anonymous

: does anyone know anything about the monetary value of dixon guitars. i have looked everywhere and can’t find any information what so ever on them. can someone direct me on where to look.

Anonymous

I have a Dixon SGN-819 Classical guitar made in Taiwan. I think the N might stand for nylon.
        I has a spruce top and looks like mahogany back and sides.

It has nice tone.

I cannot find anything further on it.

It appears very similar to a Martin 00 classical.

I would sell it for a reasonable offer but no hurry to get rid of it.

Everybody should have at least one nylon guitar in the house

Anonymous

I believe Dixon’s guitars have a high vaule on used guitar. It depend on what year and what models : : does anyone know anything about the monetary value of dixon guitars. i have looked everywhere and can’t find any information what so ever on them. can someone direct me on where to look.

Anonymous

: I believe Dixon’s guitars have a high vaule on used guitar. It depend on what year and what models : : : does anyone know anything about the monetary value of dixon guitars. i have looked everywhere and can’t find any information what so ever on them. can someone direct me on where to look. I have done major searching on Dixon guitars and can find little about them. I have a totally georgous Dixon that holds a tune like no other. Please continue searching, As will I. K.M.

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.