Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Gibson Guitar Identification

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Am looking at an older Gibson acoustic f-hole archtop
    guitar. It has the name ‘Henry L Mason’ on the head.
    Also has ‘Special Gibson Inc.’ The only No. found was
    2870 looking into the f-hole. The owner is an elderly
    gentleman who bought it in the ’40’s. I’m interested
    in purchasing it but want more information. Can any
    one help? Thanks….Pete…. from British Columbia,
    Canada.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

the only nuber I have is #2378H1225.

Anonymous

I have a Henry L. Mason 4 string tenor banjo. Does anyone know the current valuation? Been in the family over 60 years and could have been made prior to 1939. The instrument is in excellent condition except for fret (1st), which needs to be replaced. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a gold cream sg that iam told is from the early 70s . it has a serial on the back of the head stock. 72228602 can yuo help me pin down the exact model. thanks joe

Anonymous

: Am looking at an older Gibson acoustic f-hole archtop : guitar. It has the name ‘Henry L Mason’ on the head. : Also has ‘Special Gibson Inc.’ The only No. found was : 2870 looking into the f-hole. The owner is an elderly : gentleman who bought it in the ’40’s. I’m interested : in purchasing it but want more information. Can any : one help? Thanks….Pete…. from British Columbia, : Canada.

Anonymous

Did you find any info on your guitar? I have a Henry L. Mason (parlor-acoustic) and am looking for any info for Henry L. Mason.

Anonymous

: Did you find any info on your guitar? : I have a Henry L. Mason (parlor-acoustic) : and am looking for any info for Henry L. Mason. I also have the same guitar that I love. And have no information on it yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I have a Henry L. Mason guitar. It’s an acoustic archtop, build in 1938. Henry L. Mason was a guitar builder for Gibson. Some of the workers were allowed to build there own guitar as a sort of annual bonus. They could use materials and tools from the Gibson Factory. My guitar was bought during WW 2 in Europe (holland) and migrated with it’s owner Frank Zegveld to Melborne, Australia. I used to play it when I was there in 1981 and some 10 years later I inherited it. Ps Frank’s still alive and well but gave me the guitar anyway…..

Anonymous

I was just given a guitar which belonged to my great-grandmother. My grandmother was born in 1903. And my great-grandmother must of been born about 1878. The guitar is small and has the characteristics of a Martin, but its only make is a stamp inside "Henry L. Mason Boston" It has a beautiful sound

Anonymous

Hey man. Have a gibson les paul epiphone would like some info on. # S7025868…sunburst. Please.have a great one. THANKS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.