Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Trey Anastasio’s Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anybody know where and if I can find one of these Languedoc guitars? e-mail me back if you know anything!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

IF anyone has one of these guitars or knows where i can get one please let me know and how much they cost or if anyone has one and wants to sell it or trade for it.let me know at [email protected]

Anonymous

Hey, I believe you’d have to ask Paul Languedoc to make one for you and who knows if he even does take orders and how much it would cost. Trey’s guitars are very similar to Fender "starcaster" (double f-hole & all). Try a search on Ebay to see pics. Thought you might also like the link below: http://www.redmedia.com/chords/tabs/gearhead/Building_trey_setup.html I think the only: Does anybody know where and if I can find one of these Languedoc guitars? e-mail me back if you know anything!!

Anonymous

I have a Languedoc for sale. It is a late 80’s model custom built by Languedoc while he worked at Time Guitars in Burlington, Vermont. Trey used to play the same model, you can see a picture one in "The Phish Book" I believe it is page 91. Let me know if you would like to make an offer.

Anonymous

: I have a Languedoc for sale. It is a late 80’s model custom built by Languedoc while he worked at Time Guitars in Burlington, Vermont. Trey used to play the same model, you can see a picture one in "The Phish Book" I believe it is page 91. Let me know if you would like to make an offer. PLEASE let me know what you want for that Languedoc, ill give it to you. PLEASE writ me back.

Anonymous

is it a hollowbody?

Anonymous

: I have a Languedoc for sale. It is a late 80’s model custom built by Languedoc while he worked at Time Guitars in Burlington, Vermont. Trey used to play the same model, you can see a picture one in "The Phish Book" I believe it is page 91. Let me know if you would like to make an offer. how much are you lookibg to get and would you take trade?

Anonymous

Whoever here said they had a languadoc for sale, contact me via email [email protected]

Anonymous

how much are you selling it for? im 14 and trey is my idol…i really want that guitar. can you email me back later?

Anonymous

They make guitars just like that with a Koa wood top and the exact same shape. The company’s name is Bunker guitars and the website to the exact page with the guitar you want, and a checklist of some of the features you can add, is http://www.bunker-guitars.com/koa.html. They mention Paul but I don’t know if he worked for this company, or with someone in it previously. Good luck, the guitars run for about $7,500.

Anonymous

http://www.phisharchive.com/articles/1996/lang.html "Paul Languedoc is interested in receiving inquiries regarding custom instruments. Write to him at Box 4400, Burlington, VT 05406."

Anonymous

you will most likely not get paul to make you one. To get the closest high quality guitar (and as close as you’ll get to treys) go to http://www.forshage.com click on hollowbodies get around $3000 or more and your cutomizations are limitless. the guy is better than good and as been making these before he heard of trey. ask for chris and tell him mitch form pa. says hi, later : Hey, I believe you’d have to ask Paul Languedoc to make one for you and who knows if he even does take orders and how much it would cost. Trey’s guitars are very similar to Fender "starcaster" (double f-hole & all). Try a search on Ebay to see pics. Thought you might also like the link below: http://www.redmedia.com/chords/tabs/gearhead/Building_trey_setup.html I think the only: Does anybody know where and if I can find one of these Languedoc guitars? e-mail me back if you know anything!!

Anonymous

I believe you can pick one up in Time Music, Burlington VT. as thats where i got mine. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Trey’s guitar is more similar to a Gibson Small hollow-body, than a Strat. However, I do believe it has a longer scale length like a strat than a typical Gibson. The guitar is a true hollow-body, in that it does not have a center block. This makes it more like a jazz guitar, allowing for more feedback, and greater sustain. As for buying one, I know Paul used to work for TIME guitars, and Trey used to use those guitars, but when Paul became sound engineer for Phish, I think he stopped making guitars on a retail basis. Good luck, you may want to check out the new Gibson CS-356 as a quality substitute.

Anonymous

Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars.

Anonymous

On the contrary, Fender made the Starcaster which had double f-holes, and is very similar in design to Treys Guitar, some would say Treys Guitar is a scaled down mdel of the Starcaster: Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars.

Anonymous

Brian, thats absolutely true. trey’s guitar is nothing like the starcaster which i have played a few. There is not much out there resembling all the elements that are assembled to make his axe. ON a side note, I think I remember you from school. I just recognized your name, and thought you might be from katyland. anyways, hope your still jammin. later.

Anonymous

: On the contrary, Fender made the Starcaster which had double f-holes, and is very similar in design to Treys Guitar, some would say Treys Guitar is a scaled down mdel of the Starcaster: Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars.Treys guitar is custom made by Paul Languedoc…who works for the band doing sound.

Anonymous

Pual, you’re a chump bro. Eat a dick bitch, eat a bowl of shit bitch.

Anonymous

Fender made a STARCaster Star, not Strat (just like the first guy said) and it is very much a hollow body DC with F holes and humbuckers. Here’s a link to a mediocre picture http://milkyway.mie.uc.edu/~bob/clapton/guitars/pics/fender_starcaster.html Fenders, at least Strats and Teles (and P and J basses) are primarily made of alder, not ash. Ash (southern ash at that) is a prized wood and wasn’t even the norm in vintage fenders. Trey has three guitars, and only one is solid koa, the other two are: Paduc with a maple back, and spruce with a maple back; however, Trey prefers the koa. Pual, perhaps you should know what you’re talking about before you rip into people. As for Languedoc, at one time he took a limited amount of custom orders for guitars, but isn’t currently building anything, and besides his guitars were bucks-up. If money is no object, take a serious look at the PRS Hollowbody II, it’s very similar in tone and construction to Trey’s stuff, just avoid all the "10" top mess and birds and the price is "resonable" for a completely hollow carved in and out instrument. : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars.

Anonymous

: Fender made a STARCaster Star, not Strat (just like the first guy said) and it is very much a hollow body DC with F holes and humbuckers. Here’s a link to a mediocre picture : http://milkyway.mie.uc.edu/~bob/clapton/guitars/pics/fender_starcaster.html : Fenders, at least Strats and Teles (and P and J basses) are primarily made of alder, not ash. Ash (southern ash at that) is a prized wood and wasn’t even the norm in vintage fenders. Trey has three guitars, and only one is solid koa, the other two are: Paduc with a maple back, and spruce with a maple back; however, Trey prefers the koa. Pual, perhaps you should know what you’re talking about before you rip into people. As for Languedoc, at one time he took a limited amount of custom orders for guitars, but isn’t currently building anything, and besides his guitars were bucks-up. If money is no object, take a serious look at the PRS Hollowbody II, it’s very similar in tone and construction to Trey’s stuff, just avoid all the "10" top mess and birds and the price is "resonable" for a completely hollow carved in and out instrument. : : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars. screw you both/ i owned a starcaster…it does have two f-holes, and is shaped like Trey’s but unfortunately, had a pretty flat sound…fender doesnt know what to do with their humbuckers!

Anonymous

: : Fender made a STARCaster Star, not Strat (just like the first guy said) and it is very much a hollow body DC with F holes and humbuckers. Here’s a link to a mediocre picture : : http://milkyway.mie.uc.edu/~bob/clapton/guitars/pics/fender_starcaster.html : : Fenders, at least Strats and Teles (and P and J basses) are primarily made of alder, not ash. Ash (southern ash at that) is a prized wood and wasn’t even the norm in vintage fenders. Trey has three guitars, and only one is solid koa, the other two are: Paduc with a maple back, and spruce with a maple back; however, Trey prefers the koa. Pual, perhaps you should know what you’re talking about before you rip into people. As for Languedoc, at one time he took a limited amount of custom orders for guitars, but isn’t currently building anything, and besides his guitars were bucks-up. If money is no object, take a serious look at the PRS Hollowbody II, it’s very similar in tone and construction to Trey’s stuff, just avoid all the "10" top mess and birds and the price is "resonable" for a completely hollow carved in and out instrument. : : : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars. : : screw you both/ i owned a starcaster…it does have two f-holes, and is shaped like Trey’s but unfortunately, had a pretty flat sound…fender doesnt know what to do with their humbuckers! Hey guy, I said Fender DID make a Starcaster with 2 f-holes. What’s with the hostility?

Anonymous

Fellas, his guitar is made by Paul Languedoc, his sound manager. It’s custom made, so now it’s settled. : : : http://milkyway.mie.uc.edu/~bob/clapton/guitars/pics/fender_starcaster.html : : : Fenders, at least Strats and Teles (and P and J basses) are primarily made of alder, not ash. Ash (southern ash at that) is a prized wood and wasn’t even the norm in vintage fenders. Trey has three guitars, and only one is solid koa, the other two are: Paduc with a maple back, and spruce with a maple back; however, Trey prefers the koa. Pual, perhaps you should know what you’re talking about before you rip into people. As for Languedoc, at one time he took a limited amount of custom orders for guitars, but isn’t currently building anything, and besides his guitars were bucks-up. If money is no object, take a serious look at the PRS Hollowbody II, it’s very similar in tone and construction to Trey’s stuff, just avoid all the "10" top mess and birds and the price is "resonable" for a completely hollow carved in and out instrument. : : : : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars. : : : : : screw you both/ i owned a starcaster…it does have two f-holes, and is shaped like Trey’s but unfortunately, had a pretty flat sound…fender doesnt know what to do with their humbuckers! : Hey guy, I said Fender DID make a Starcaster with 2 f-holes. What’s with the hostility?

Anonymous

: : : Fender made a STARCaster Star, not Strat (just like the first guy said) and it is very much a hollow body DC with F holes and humbuckers. Here’s a link to a mediocre picture : : : http://milkyway.mie.uc.edu/~bob/clapton/guitars/pics/fender_starcaster.html : : : Fenders, at least Strats and Teles (and P and J basses) are primarily made of alder, not ash. Ash (southern ash at that) is a prized wood and wasn’t even the norm in vintage fenders. Trey has three guitars, and only one is solid koa, the other two are: Paduc with a maple back, and spruce with a maple back; however, Trey prefers the koa. Pual, perhaps you should know what you’re talking about before you rip into people. As for Languedoc, at one time he took a limited amount of custom orders for guitars, but isn’t currently building anything, and besides his guitars were bucks-up. If money is no object, take a serious look at the PRS Hollowbody II, it’s very similar in tone and construction to Trey’s stuff, just avoid all the "10" top mess and birds and the price is "resonable" for a completely hollow carved in and out instrument. : : : : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars. : : : : : screw you both/ i owned a starcaster…it does have two f-holes, and is shaped like Trey’s but unfortunately, had a pretty flat sound…fender doesnt know what to do with their humbuckers! : Hey guy, I said Fender DID make a Starcaster with 2 f-holes. What’s with the hostility? perhaps we all need to ask what would I do?

Anonymous

Wow you know so much about guitars. You must be cool. Take it easy you can make corrections without being a dick. : Thats stupid Trey Guitar is nothing like a strat, i mean sure it has the double cut away design but fender has never made a guitar that has a double f-hole, fender bodys are usually 21-22 frets body made of ash treys has 24 frets and is made of koa wood. Treys guitar also has a in lay unike the fender dots. Trey’s guitar is a complete holow body. It also has 2 humbuckers and a kill switch un like a strats 3 single coil pickups. Who ever posted the above is very ignorant and must not know anything about guitars.

Anonymous

check out the Fender Starcaster

Anonymous

you cant get that guitar anywhere its totally custom made by one of treys friend

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.