Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics J40 gibson

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

this guitar was made was made from1971-1976 : I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help. Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50. I hope this has hekped you. Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better. I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma. I’m not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping. It’s weird but Ib really do this. Bruce

Anonymous

: th : : I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help. : Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing : Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50. : I hope this has hekped you. : Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better. : I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma. : I’m not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping. : It’s weird but Ib really do this. : Bruce

Anonymous

this guitar was made was made from1971-1976 : I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help. Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50. I hope this has hekped you. Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better. I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma. I’m not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping. It’s weird but Ib really do this. Bruce

Anonymous

: I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help. Here"s whats on the wesite J 40 spruce top black pickguard(large)bound body 3 strioe rosette, laminated mahogany back/sides, mahogany neck,14/20 fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, rosewood(string through) bridge, screened peghead logo, 3 perside chrome tuners, available in natural. MFD 1971 to 1982 Serialization can bo found on Gibson website. There was a change to this and for example my J40 serial number starts with a 600000’s and was built in 71/72. This old guitar has a great sound had neck problems that were fixed before purchase required a little work bridge pins/nut/saddle(TUSQ)and installed a LR Bagg Ibeam and its magic my opinion anyhow. Hope this helps haven"t seen one before

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.