Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics flambeau guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I inherited this from my step dad, he played it professionally was a solo artist. It is in almost perfect condition. I heard these are very rare, should I hold on to it or sell it? I don’t play myself. What would someone be willing to pay for this rare guitar?

Anonymous

I’d say keep it. It is rare but it does’nt have a lot of buyers.. You won’t be able to sell it for it’s worthful price. These guitars play very well and its worth keeping it in my opinion.

Anonymous

I asked George louden about the flambeau. He was in Japan learning woodworking at a guitar builder in the 80’s. another factory approached him to design a guitar from them. Thus the flambeau. As I understand it, he was not involved in building the guitars. There were only a couple of thousand built, so are somewhat rare. I’m glad that I got one. Even though they are kind of rare, they haven’t appreciated in value. A dealer wher I bought mine told me that if they were on the shelf new today, they might sell for around 1200 Canadian dollars. But because few people know anything about flambeau, or have even heard of them, they might sell used at around 500 Canadian dollars. Mine is probably less valued cause I’ve played it a lot and it shows. Nevertheless, I would never sell it even if it was worth double. Too much memory in this old flambeau.

Anonymous

Hi I’ve had this guitar 18 yrs now and wanting to sell. Can anyone give me any information about it plz as I’m not finding a great deal on the Internet. Thanks

Anonymous

: Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. I have a Flambeau and was wondering if you had any idea on its history? Thanks.

Anonymous

: : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : I have a Flambeau and was wondering if you had any idea on its history? Thanks. Hey Denzill, I’ve started a yahoogroup and database on Flambeau guitar. [email protected] there’s some info on then. Please take a look and let me know details of the guitar tha you have. Mine is an LFW-5 and I think it’s a fine guitar. Rog

Anonymous

: Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not.

Anonymous

: : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not. I have a LFW-4 that I am thinking about selling. What will you offer me for it?

Anonymous

: : : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : : I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not. : I have a LFW-4 that I am thinking about selling. What will you offer me for it? Micky / Gunther Please send me some more info on your guitars and how much you want for them Rog

Anonymous

: : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not. yeh bought a 12 string in manchester uk know its history to some extent. ex lowden design 1980s. probably solid cedar top with mahogany back and side rosewood finger board with ebony inset and interesting rosette plus headstock with fronted chunk of rosewood maybe just like lowden. I have a f10 Lowden to compare with. Hoping to set up properly and improve but intonation excellent and sound mell. good luck

Anonymous

: : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not.

Anonymous

: : : Looking to buy a Flambeau guitar. Japanese made in the early eighties. : : I have a LFW-3 with integrated pickup and I think over, whether to sell it or not. I’ve had an LFW-5 from new since 1984-5. It’s got a sound and feel that I have not seen matched in any other guitar without getting up to some very expensive well known makes. I don’t think i’d consider selling mine. I’d like to know it’s value though. Any Ideas? Rog

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.