Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Help me buy: Cort NTL CE CUSTOM?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

After falling in love with an accoustic steel-string guitar, I have been searching the internet for reviews, tips and suggestions to help me make a decision. The guitar I fell in love with is the Cort NTL CE Custom, which is a quite expensive accoustic guitar to my taste, even though I have already found out that it is not much more than a midrange guitar in pricing.

I want to know if you can help me make my decision by telling me if it’s a good purchase and good value for money:
    It’s an all solid-wood small jumbo guitar with a cutaway. The top is AA engelmann spruce. The back and sides are select east indian rosewood. The neck is quilted mahogany and has a satin finish. The nut and saddle are true bone, not plastic, corian, or other man made material. The fingerboard, bridge, and end pins are ebony. The binding is flame maple around the indian rosewood headstock, fingerboard, top, and back. The neck is thin with a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or 1.69". The scale length is 25.25". It has gold grover tuners that are easy to turn, no binding up. The sound hole has a abalone shell rosette.

If I compare that to Taylor, Martin or Takamine, these features on those brands will produce guitars that are three times more expensive. Now I realize that the money must go somewhere, so I want to know where’s the catch?

I do not intend to spend much more money on an accoustic guitar, so can you tell me if this is the best purchase or should I look for something else?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Joost Assink
    The Netherlands

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: After falling in love with an accoustic steel-string guitar, I have been searching the internet for reviews, tips and suggestions to help me make a decision. The guitar I fell in love with is the Cort NTL CE Custom, which is a quite expensive accoustic guitar to my taste, even though I have already found out that it is not much more than a midrange guitar in pricing. : I want to know if you can help me make my decision by telling me if it’s a good purchase and good value for money: : It’s an all solid-wood small jumbo guitar with a cutaway. The top is AA engelmann spruce. The back and sides are select east indian rosewood. The neck is quilted mahogany and has a satin finish. The nut and saddle are true bone, not plastic, corian, or other man made material. The fingerboard, bridge, and end pins are ebony. The binding is flame maple around the indian rosewood headstock, fingerboard, top, and back. The neck is thin with a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or 1.69". The scale length is 25.25". It has gold grover tuners that are easy to turn, no binding up. The sound hole has a abalone shell rosette. : If I compare that to Taylor, Martin or Takamine, these features on those brands will produce guitars that are three times more expensive. Now I realize that the money must go somewhere, so I want to know where’s the catch? : I do not intend to spend much more money on an accoustic guitar, so can you tell me if this is the best purchase or should I look for something else? : Thank you in advance! : Best regards, : Joost Assink : The Netherlands

Anonymous

joost, first off cort is the best guitar for the money on a small jumbo you can pay a bit more for a tacoma also great guitar ..but for sound value and much much more the cort is incridibal i have a sj-6f its GREAT!GREAT SOUND!!got a deal on it and i feel a should have paid over 1000 bucks for it but paid 425 used…the cj and SJ model corts are solid as rock great for gigs and just at home..so for the money you cant go wrong…GOOD LUCK! regardes DA

Anonymous

: After falling in love with an accoustic steel-string guitar, I have been searching the internet for reviews, tips and suggestions to help me make a decision. The guitar I fell in love with is the Cort NTL CE Custom, which is a quite expensive accoustic guitar to my taste, even though I have already found out that it is not much more than a midrange guitar in pricing. : I want to know if you can help me make my decision by telling me if it’s a good purchase and good value for money: : It’s an all solid-wood small jumbo guitar with a cutaway. The top is AA engelmann spruce. The back and sides are select east indian rosewood. The neck is quilted mahogany and has a satin finish. The nut and saddle are true bone, not plastic, corian, or other man made material. The fingerboard, bridge, and end pins are ebony. The binding is flame maple around the indian rosewood headstock, fingerboard, top, and back. The neck is thin with a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or 1.69". The scale length is 25.25". It has gold grover tuners that are easy to turn, no binding up. The sound hole has a abalone shell rosette. : If I compare that to Taylor, Martin or Takamine, these features on those brands will produce guitars that are three times more expensive. Now I realize that the money must go somewhere, so I want to know where’s the catch? : I do not intend to spend much more money on an accoustic guitar, so can you tell me if this is the best purchase or should I look for something else? : Thank you in advance! : Best regards, : Joost Assink : The Netherlands Dear Joost, I bought one myself, And I am still in love. It is very price worth. And, Yes, the money must going somewhere. It is for this money, one of the best you can get. Mine NTL CE Custom has an Fishman pre amplifier and, realy, I think that the price of this guitar will explode in the coming years. regards, Ed

Anonymous

I too fell in love with the Cort NTL CE custom after playing an Ovation 1617 for 20 years. I’ve always bought American guitars believing they were better made. Maybe 20 years ago, but no longer. Where does the additonal money go then when comparing the price of a Cort as opposed to a Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Garrison or Takamine etc? It goes into the labour and profits. Korean labour is much cheaper than US or Japanese labour, yet the expertise is now on a par. In the end you get the same quality for a lower price. When choosing my Cort, I did a direct comparison with a Gibson J45 (3x the price), A range of Takamines (I also own one, but a Nylon string – 2x the price), Garrison G50CE (1.5 x the price) and my own Ovation. The Cort was the best value guitar AND the best sounding! The stereo blender pre-amp and gooseneck mic was a bonus.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.