Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics String Breakage on Les Paul

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a used ’86 les paul and have been busting strings like crazy. When I look down, all of them have snap directly on the bridge saddles. Can I change them or is there something I can do to reduce breaking strings.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

yeah just touch (smooth) them up some (don’t go too far), and a lil dab of WD40 (or other lubricant applied from a qtip in the knotch when changing strings) helps out too. : I just bought a used ’86 les paul and have been busting strings like crazy. When I look down, all of them have snap directly on the bridge saddles. Can I change them or is there something I can do to reduce breaking strings.

Anonymous

: I just bought a used ’86 les paul and have been busting strings like crazy. When I look down, all of them have snap directly on the bridge saddles. Can I change them or is there something I can do to reduce breaking strings. Yes I have a few come though my shop like that your options are take a square needle file and smouth the saddle up or just replace them try http://www.stewmac.com/ for the new saddles under bridges then tuneomatic! I hope this was some help!

Anonymous

Would a new bridge fix the problem or would I just have to grind that one too. Would a new tune-o-matic take away the problem.

Anonymous

: : Would a new bridge fix the problem or would I just have to grind that one too. Would a new tune-o-matic take away the problem. I have found this is where you do get what you pay for you will find differant price range to some made with bone or grafite but yes a cheep one could cause the same problem brand new!But even a good one after time of the steel string cutting into the saddle agin this is indeeed a common problem in my shop I have repaird many of them and not just gibbson!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.