Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Gibson Double Cutaway XPL/400

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Anyone know what this is worth?

It is a 1984 Double cutaway XPL/400 with ebony fingerboard and white binding.

Double cutaway XPL/400:400 series electronics, 1 dirty fingers humbucking pickup and 2 single coil pickups, master tone and master volume knob, 3 mini switches for on/off pickup control, push/pull volume control for coil tap, rosewood fingerboard, cream binding.
    Introduced: 1984
    Ebony fingerboard, white binding: mid 1984
    Discontinued: 1985

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Anyone know what this is worth? : It is a 1984 Double cutaway XPL/400 with ebony fingerboard and white binding. : : Double cutaway XPL/400:400 series electronics, 1 dirty fingers humbucking pickup and 2 single coil pickups, master tone and master volume knob, 3 mini switches for on/off pickup control, push/pull volume control for coil tap, rosewood fingerboard, cream binding. : Introduced: 1984 : Ebony fingerboard, white binding: mid 1984 : Discontinued: 1985 I purchased on in Fair condition for $475. Nobreaks, but faded paint and wear on the neck thru the paint in one place. They have the 400 electronics in them which is really nice. After a setup it plays smooth and is able to produce some sweet tones. I contacted the BlueBook of Guitars and they did not have a listing although they did acknowledge that it existed. They will list it in the next Blue book as a Gibson Les Paul DC400 XPL. He could not price it, but it will probably end up as all of the other XPL’s …under appreciated for what they can do. I would guess mint condition will be in the $650 to $750 range. Howie botorock

Anonymous

thanks for the info howie. it’s been a while since i checked the ,essage board out. i really do appreciate the response. it was indeed, very helpful. thanks again….you rock howie.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.