Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Harmony Guitar

• This topic has 17 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Harmony Opus Model V Guitar and would like some information.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hoping this thread is still “alive”.
      ISO 1970’s Harmony Opus model V or X
      If anyone has one to sell, please email
      Impersc. “At g mail dot com”

Anonymous

hi
      I will pay good money for one of these !
      the link below has a photo of this the smallest of the Opus bunch

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,h_620,q_75,w_620/v1429583162/qcpzy7tcheap1erv0tu5.jpg

Anonymous

I have a Harmony model 25 OPUS . It has a jumbo body and amazing deep sound . it is maple sides back and neck. Spruce top. Does anyone know the approximate value .I think it was probably one of Harmony’s last attempts at a decent guitar. Any info would be appreciated .

Anonymous

Bought my Opus V in 1981 from a friend who bought it new few years earlier but never really learned to play it, so it was like new. Classic condition, nice balanced tone, nice design accents. Usually use D’Addario Phosphor Light (EJ38). Third fret tuning not quite as accurate as my Avalon (especially B string), e.g., but I can compensate. Price list in the case when I bought it indicates my friend paid $350 in 1979 (we’re in Kansas City). The more I try out other instruments, the better this one gets! I like the size of the body–Grand Aud size but not quite as deep as most others, which makes it easier for me to play–my arms are a bit short and arthritis is reducing my reach on the fret board. I would never consider trading or selling it–not after 32 years together. I have bought others through the years for one reason or another, but I keep going back to this one, if for no more than a beater.

Anonymous

I have the very model in mint condition. Original papers included, as is blue velvet plush lined padded hard case. (Black 4 latch case).
      According to papers, guitar cost $395, and case was $95. I bought it new on 2/24/1978. Diabetic Neuropathy ruined my ability to play it, and it’s been cased for about 30 years. The strings were loosened when I cased it, assuming the bridge/head alignment would be better off without the unneeded stress.It’s a wonderful guitar, and I doubt that a blind guitarist like Jose Feliciano could distinguish any difference from a Martin D-28.

I have never seen another one. Looking into the sound hole, it’s X-brace construction is obviously hand crafted by a guitar builder, and not stamped and glued by some machine.

I am just hoping some kind soul could share any knowledge or history about this guitar with me. I’m certain it’s value is more than I paid for it, but most likely, I will just leave it to a true guitar lover when I pass on. Thanks in advance to whomever can help.

Bob Goudreau
      316stainless at gmail dot com
      Happy picking! :-).

Anonymous

I just bought a Harmony Opus V. It is beautiful. In perfect condition except some minor scratches. I think it was played little. It included the original sales and warranty papers. I love its full sound with lots of sustain. It plays well. I am blessed to find a great guitar at what I consider a bargain.

Anonymous

Hello Mike ,
      ” I,m happy buying this guitar , can do payapl now if your wanting to go ahead?
      cheers
      kevin

contact me on [email protected] and i will give you a best price offer

Anonymous

I am looking to buy any and all Harmony Opus models. Please email me at mrlutton AT gmail DOT com if you have one for sale. Thanks! By the way, I’m not looking to steal them… I will pay a reasonable price!

Anonymous

Hello, I have a Harmony Opus V acoustic, I wondered what it was worth, I have had it about 10 years it is a lovely guitar, I have quite a few now and I am contemplating letting this go, but dont know what it is worth, I dont mind doing a swap for a siilarly priced resonator if there is one out there.

kind regards

Mike

Anonymous

I,m happy buying this guitar , can do payapl now if your wanting to go ahead?
          cheers
          kevin

Anonymous

Hi, I have had my Harmony Opus V acoustic for about ten years, I paid £100 for it from a second hand shop, it’s a beautiful guitar, I cant make out the serial No, but it was made in Illinois, Chicago. I would like to know how much it is worth out of curiosity, but it is is a really nice instrument, it sounds wonderful and is a joy to play too, I use a Woody pick up on it, and it lovely warm tones come alive,

cheers

Mike

Anonymous

: I have a Harmony Opus Model V Guitar and would like some information. I have a H75 Harmony Sunburst electric. My bridge assembly is lost and I need a new bridge piece assembly, Where can I find it?

Anonymous

: I have a Harmony Opus Model V Guitar and would like some information. :I have the same guitar i traded it about a year ago for my old guitar and i have searched the web for info on it but cant seem to find any so if any body can tell me anything about this guitar it would be highly appreciated my email is above

Anonymous

Well I just got the same model guitar, never saw one before, I’d say c.1969 or so, USA made Harmony guitars stopped around 1970 and this one is Made in USA, solid wood, Grover tuners, not sure how’ll sound cause it needs a little bridge work. Just when you think you’ve seen ’em all!!

Anonymous

I too have a Harmony Opus Model V acoustic guitar. What I can gather from the little info Ive seen is that this model was made in small numbers in the mid 70’s. The guitar is an excellent copy of a Martin D28. D 28’s usually have an unbound neck, with dot markers, while the Harmony has block inlays and bound neck. But I have to say that my Harmony, for which I paid the paupers sum of $150, is comparable to many a $1500 Martin in sound quality. And the appointments and finish are similar. I’d jump on the chance to buy others if I could ever find them!!

Anonymous

Hi, I bought my Harmony Opus v about 10 years ago for £100 in a second hand shop in Swindon, Wilts, UK, It is such a lovely guitar, it has quite a few dings on it but sound amazing, it is a joy to play, but has had a ROUGH life until I rescued it, I LOVE IT… I dont know how much it is worth, but I have played Taylors, Takamines, Gibson, and Martins and this is better…

Anonymous

Yep I too have a Harmony Opus…bought on ebay for £30 with a broken neck ..fixed now sounds and looks great easily as good as my Martin…mine has bound neck inlaid back strip …X braced…says made in Chicago on label inside…Just an all round great guitar…after I fixed it up…with new saddle and neck job!!!cheers Steve… Bonnie Scotland… : I too have a Harmony Opus Model V acoustic guitar. What I can gather from the little info Ive seen is that this model was made in small numbers in the mid 70’s. The guitar is an excellent copy of a Martin D28. D 28’s usually have an unbound neck, with dot markers, while the Harmony has block inlays and bound neck. But I have to say that my Harmony, for which I paid the paupers sum of $150, is comparable to many a $1500 Martin in sound quality. And the appointments and finish are similar. I’d jump on the chance to buy others if I could ever find them!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.