Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics s. yairi classical guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i am looking for any information i can find for an S. Yairi classical guitar. there is a label inside that says S. Yairi, there are two cherubs pictured, and the year 1974, underneath is the word JAPAN, and underneath that the year 1932. it also says NO. 650. i do not know if this is a serial number or a model no.

thank you for your time

Related Gear:
    Are you considering buying a Classical Guitar?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi there. I was interested in any info on this guitar. Thank you.

Anonymous

Dear Anon,
        Is 9 months waiting for a reply too long?
        I try to answer your query anyways.
        Basically Sadao had many classical guitar model hierarchy nomenclature – which is based upon quality of woods and construction methods (generally speaking & to the best of my knowledge at this point of time, not to be confused with ‘construction quality’ – IMHO, quality of build was consistent across the model range).
        Roughly speaking & without prejudice, your 300 fits into the following hierarchy (parenthesis indicating approx. equivalents in alternative model hierarchy):
        300 (8900, Earth, B&M Soloist)
        500 (not prepared to say, but obviously between8900 & 9000)
        600 (9000, Heaven, B&M Artiste)
        700 (9001, God, B&M Virtuoso)
        800 (~9001/9002, Holy, B&M Concert)
        900 (9002, Holy-God)
        Whilst the 300 is the lowest in the model hierarchy, 300’s from the early to mid-1970’s have a very good reputation. These ones have intricate sound-hole parquetry, as opposed to the more simple circles of those from the 1960’s.
        I hope that this communication helps and is not OBE. 🙂

IDoNotKnowSpoon (truely, I do not)

Anonymous

I have a SYG-90!!!!!
      Ring me 0400033814

Anonymous

I also have a S Yairi SYG 90. Do you know any information about it?

Anonymous

I also have a S.Yairi Classical Guitar.

It was purchased from Helmuts Music Store in Ringwood Victoria Austraila in February of 1983 … I belive the classical guitar was ordered earlier in late 1982.

It too was handcrafted in Nagoya Japan by Sadao Yairi.

It does not have a signature but has the typical Yairi label with model SYG80

Inside on heal is shows the serial no. 25079

When I purchased the guitar in did not come with any documentation or any i realised was supposed to come with the guitar

I believe it has Indian Rosewood back and sides, a western red cedar sound board and was finished in a matt gloss finish as opposed to high gloss

The believe the neck is of oak and fretboard is of ebony. Interesting on the head stock it has Yairi carved on it.

I would appreciate any information about the guitar and model history …. and maybe Master Luthier Sadao Yairi could also reveal himself and share some of his knowledge – lol

Cheers

Anonymous

Hey Hagansta68 with the SYG-80,
        I am in Melbourne. I think I can help you.
        Ring me on 0400033814.

Anonymous

I have a classical Yairi. It is signed S. Yairi. On the label it says No. 1574. This number is stamped in ink. Next to that it says AD 1971. The 1971 is also written in ink. Under that it says Clase No. 9000. The 9000 written in ink. Under that is the signature S. Yairi. I need any info please? Aprox. value.

Anonymous

: i am looking for any information i can find for an S. Yairi classical guitar. there is a label inside that says S. Yairi, there are two cherubs pictured, and the year 1974, underneath is the word JAPAN, and underneath that the year 1932. it also says NO. 650. i do not know if this is a serial number or a model no. : thank you for your time I have a guitar like the one you mentioned. Mine was made in 1971, has what looks like a signature on the lable and also the same number 650. I am trying to find out what a reasonable asking price would be if I sold it

Anonymous

My S.Yairi has the label dated 1978. The number is 880. It is also numbered 7100 inside on the neck block. This number is a bit feint, so I am a bit unsure. Really nice guitar I bought from my teacher in 1984. May be looking to trade it soon along with a Ryoji Matsuoka classical bought new 1979. The number on this guitar is 50. : i am looking for any information i can find for an S. Yairi classical guitar. there is a label inside that says S. Yairi, there are two cherubs pictured, and the year 1974, underneath is the word JAPAN, and underneath that the year 1932. it also says NO. 650. i do not know if this is a serial number or a model no. : thank you for your time

Anonymous

I purchased mine in Cambridge, England in 1975 while stationed at RAF Alconbury. My number is 880. The label inside the guitar is exactly as you as you have described. I work as an ER doctor and worked on a man who demonstrates Gibson guitars (factory located in Bozeman, Montana. He was of the opinion that S. Yairi was a master Japanese Luthier and that the guitar was a fine instrument. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I have 700 Series yairi that I purchased about 20 years ago. Any idea of what the replacement value of this instrument would be?

Anonymous

Sado Yairi guitars are made in Nagoya, Japan. Sado is a cousin of the famous luthier Kazuo Yairi who builds guitars in Gifu, Japan and sells them under the Alvarez-Yairi Label with St. Louis Music in the USA and as K. Yairi guitars elsewhere in the world. Kazuo Yairi also manufactures some guitars sold under the Angel label in Japan. But, back to Sado. S. Yairi manufactures high quality classical and flat top guitars that are of very good quality, but not as popular or as preferred as those made by his cousin Kazuo. With Sado’s classical guitars, the higher the model number the better the quality and craftsmanship of the guitar. The 900XX series is the top of the line and the 100XX series is at the bottom of the line. In terms of dating S. Yairi classicals, if there is no date on the label or the neck block, you can roughly ascertain the date of manufacture by the model number designation. For example, a model number 900 is the first series of the top of the line model while a model 9000 is a much later model. I think that the latest 900X series models are model 9800. I hope this helps.

Anonymous

Any idea where I can get my S.Yairi guitar appraised? It’s a 1975 model, number 300 and in excellent condition.

Anonymous

I bought my s.yairi in pawn shop in melbourne it was in perfect con and it was a 12 string no. 780

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.