Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Baldwin Prismatone Pickup

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Is there anyone out there willing to sell a Baldwin Prismatone Pickup? I will pay almost any price.

G.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a 7 string frypan lap steel that Shot Jackson built with prismatone pickup and onboard preamp.

Anonymous

I have a 7 string frypan steel guitar that Shot Jackson built with a prismatone pickup and onboard preamp. It is the only one I know of.

Anonymous

I have a Baldwin CP01 available. The unicorn Prismatone pickup is still on it. No battery box. I may build one to go along with it. The body doesn’t have any cracks. The finish does have “checking”. I never planned to sell this, but am reconsidering it now. I’d prefer a in person deal. Located in Chicago. This is a substantial purchase, so I would like the buyer to see it in person. If you can’t see it in person, maybe you can hire a third party to come and inspect it, and deal with the shipping.
      Please no low-ball offers. These are impossible to find.
      Dimigrk at gmail dot com

Anonymous

I would like to buy a prismatone pick up( Baldwin) Or the copy that Sam Kennedy is making

Anonymous

I would like to buy a Prismatone pickup
      If anyone has one for sell.
      [email protected]

Anonymous

Didnt know there had been all these replies. Did sam kennedy ever go back to making them?

Anonymous

I currently own a ’68 Baldwin 801-CP with the prismatone pick up. It is an all original guitar still, the prismatone seems to not be working, whats the best way to go about fixing this without doing any damage to my guitar? Trying to keep it completely original since it has been in my family since my great grandfather and has amazing history.

Anonymous

Hi my question to you, is your Baldwin 801 CP guitar for sale and if so contact me at [email protected] or call 863-644-3906 and ask for James.

Anonymous

Hello, could you send an email to baldwinprismatone [at] gmail?

Anonymous

I am looking for a Baldwin classical electric with Prismatone pickup or any classical guitar with a Prismatone pickup or just the pickup.

Anonymous

I have a couple of these. I will sell them but they would be expensive.
      John

Anonymous

John, do you still have a Prismatone pickup for sell?
        304-415-3003
        Rick

Anonymous

Baldwin classical electric with Prismatone pickup, power supply and case for sale.
      This is a rare prototype guitar.
      Photos and video available.
      Plays great, looks great, sounds great.

[email protected]

Anonymous

I have a guitar for sale. Please email me if your interested. Its also listed on reverb.com

Anonymous

There is on for sale on reverb.com
      Clawmaster with prismatone

Anonymous

Interested in a prismatone w or w/o guitar. Reissue Ok. Please let me know if you have one available-serious buyer.

Anonymous

Hi i have a prismatone that im thinking of selling if the price is right. But its not cheap if im selling it.

Anonymous

Please call 304-415-3003

Anonymous

I have a prismatone
      …it’s fitted on an Ovation 1127…there’s a story with this guitar, but I’m considering selling it

Anonymous

Hi i will be int in buying can you send pics and price to me [email protected]

Anonymous

Hi please send youre answer to my email [email protected]
        I will be int in buying it

Anonymous

Hi what are you asking for tve ovation and do you have pics -:)
        And hope to hear from you soon

Anonymous

I have a prismatone on a harmony h174 with preamp and volum control that im thinking of selling

Anonymous

Hi may i have your adresse E-mail i’m interesting for your h174 thanks

Anonymous

I have a 1974 N-20.. Where can I grab a prismatone pick up for this amazing guitar?

Anonymous

I own several harmony classical guitars built in the mid 60s and I just love that tone. I need to get my hands on one of these prismatone pickups and preamp .
      Please contact me if anyone has one [email protected] 781 556 1774

Anonymous

do you have any prismatones left i need one so bad!!!!!! 847-650-2595

Anonymous

Hello, I’m new to this forum and am a huge Willie Nelson fan. I purchased a 1965 Baldwin Deluxe Amp with supersound, only the D1, Willie owns the C1. I really want a Baldwin Prismatone pickup if anyone has one available. Thank you and I hope to hear from someone who has one! HP

Anonymous

I’m in the process of moving and going through a bunch of boxes in the preparations to downsize.
      I’ve got two Prismatrons and a box of the preamps (which are still wrapped in their original paper wrappers).
      Unfortunately someone decided it would be a great idea to install the 9v batteries in them as part of the production process.
      So, the preamps are a little messy. It wouldn’t surprise me if they could be cleaned up though.
      Any interest still out there?

Anonymous

My search for a new prismatone has just reached 5 years-Please let me know your price and if you accept paypal. Thank you and Happy NY!

Anonymous

Hi i have a harmony h174 with prismatone and volumcontrol that im thinking of selling

Anonymous

what is the condition of the guitar does the pickup work and what the asking price. thank you

Anonymous

Dear Sir, do you still have a prismatone with or without preamp for sale? If you give me a price with shipping to California, I will send Paypal or payment of your choice.

Anonymous

Please sell me a prismatone, old or RI. I regret selling mine back in the day. I’m a 1 guitar picker-a harmony nylon-she needs your PU please!

Anonymous

Taobaby, I am very, very interested in your Prismatones and preamps. Could you perhaps contact me when you read this. My email address is hendriksibma at hotmail dot com. Thanks and hope to hear from you Hendrik.

Anonymous

Hello taobaby, I am very very interested in the box of Prismatones and preamps. Could you contact me at hendriksibma [at] hotmail [dot] com. Hope we can work something out! Thanks and hope to hear from you. Hendrik

Anonymous

Hello, I am very interested in buying a Baldwin 801CP or Baldwin 800C. These guitars had a Baldwin Prismatone pickup. If you have one, please contact me at hendriksibma [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Anonymous

i have a 1972 baldwin electric, jerry reed model that im interested in selling. any interest out there for this guitar. tx ron wise in willow alaska

Anonymous

Hello have you sold this guitar if not is it a 801 CP model with a factory baldwin Prismatone pickup and what condition is the guitar in, and what price are you asking. thank you

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a 60’s Baldwin Prismatone pick-up, and will consider all offers for it’s purchase. It’s in nice condition. I do not have the pre-amp that Baldwin originally used with it. Here is a url for pics:

http://hopestreet-music-emporium.com/pics/p66_11.jpg

Anonymous

: Is there anyone out there willing to sell a Baldwin Prismatone Pickup? I will pay almost any price. G, What is almost any price? I have an opportunity to buy an all-original Baldwin with the pickup (and preamp) from the original owner. It has a nicety repaired top crack (McCabes ’75). Other than that, it’s in good playable shape. Paul ———————————————— The Folk Shop 2525 N. Campbell Avenue Tucson, AZ 85719 520-881-7147 [email protected] http://www.thefolkshop.com ————————————————

Anonymous

LET’S GET THESE BABY’S PRODUCED…THE PATENTS ON THESE THINGS MUST HAVE EXPIRED. THERE HAS GOT TO BE PLENTY OF JERRY REED AND WILLIE NELSON FANS OUT THERE TO GET THE PRISMATONE PRODUCED ONCE AGAIN.LET’S NOT FORGET THE 22 VOLT PREAMPS AS WELL, THAT IS AN IMPORTANT PART TO THE SOUND.

Anonymous

: LET’S GET THESE BABY’S PRODUCED…THE PATENTS ON THESE THINGS MUST HAVE EXPIRED. THERE HAS GOT TO BE PLENTY OF JERRY REED AND WILLIE NELSON FANS OUT THERE TO GET THE PRISMATONE PRODUCED ONCE AGAIN.LET’S NOT FORGET THE 22 VOLT PREAMPS AS WELL, THAT IS AN IMPORTANT PART TO THE SOUND.

Anonymous

Hey Guys, Yeah there are plenty of Willie fans out there and I don’t doubt…Jerry Reed fans but lets be realistic. How many people want to perform on classicals and use this tone? Most classical players want their guitar to "sound" like a classical ya know? I contacted Burns and they just flat out said it was not possible to make this pickup at any cost. I appreciate the fact that you guys are in agreement that these things are cool. But reproduce them? I’ve been looking for a schematic for the last two years with no luck. Even stephen Kent….THE BALDWIN GUY…from Ohio doesn’t even know where I should go from here. Thanks for being supportive. G.

Anonymous

:i am looking for one too! we are hoping someone can get the rights to them and start making them again.suppossedly the fishman pick up they put in the martin N20 willie nelson reproduction guitars. when i talked to them on the phone they said they couldnt make any except for the 100 planned for the guitars. they said willie had control of that. but i dont think they meant the pick up alone.willie told me after a concert that the repros were the closest he had ever heard to his guitar. i wonder if one of the luthiers who have worked on willie’s guitar could tell us more about it.good luck and let keep us informed. i just saw an electric baldwin pick up on ebay but not the prismatone.

Anonymous

I worked for Baldwin in the 1960’s and I have a Baldwin Prototype guitar that has a prismatone pickup in it. What is it worth to you?

Anonymous

Hello, could you send me a some pictures of that Baldwin? Is it perhaps the one that was based on a German classical? I’m pretty interested! Please let me hear from you. Even if the guitar is sold.

Anonymous

The guitar is one of ten prototypes made in 1968. Send me your email and I will send some pics.

Anonymous

Do you have the prototype available or do you know where I can purchase one?

Anonymous

I am interested in the prototype guitar that you have, and the value of the guitar and pickup. Please let me know any info you might have, as I also know where one of these guitars is located today.

Sincerely,

Steve Allen

608-469-3591

Anonymous

Hi Steve, could you send me some information where that guitar you mentioned is located? I’m pretty interested! Please let me know,

Anonymous

The guitar is in my home in the midwest.

Anonymous

I would be interested in it.

Please email me at teleman63″at”hotmail.com

Thanks!

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.