Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Polaris Blues guitar made in Japan.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Polaris hollowbody blues guitar that has a metal plate on back that says "Made in Japan". Does anyone know who made these guitars and what pick ups are in them? When were they made? I can’t find anything on the internet about them.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Deb, I hope this helps a little. I assume that what you mean by blues guitar is something like mine — I have a red Polaris that is a copy of a Gibson 335. I bought it in 1989 for about $250. On the headstock, you can see if the light catches it right, it originally said "Paul Beuscher". Beuscher is a French music company big into publishing, probably much like Mel Bay in the U.S. I’m speculating that Beuscher had ordered these guitars and then for some reason didn’t take delivery of all or some of them. The manufacturer had leftovers, but of course couldn’t sell them with the Beuscher name. So some other company put the Polaris name on them and sold them. The store where I got mine isn’t even in business anymore. It’s always been a mystery to me, and I search the ‘Net from time to time hoping to find something that explains it. Anyway, it’s a great guitar. Not a Gibson, but then again, I don’t worry about knocking it around like I would a 335. : ) : I have a Polaris hollowbody blues guitar that has a metal plate on back that says "Made in Japan". Does anyone know who made these guitars and what pick ups are in them? When were they made? I can’t find anything on the internet about them.

Anonymous

: i have an old guitar as well it is kind of like a fender srtat style but i know it is not a fender. the pickups are white with a metal casing around them it also says made in japan, does anyone know what kind of guitar this is, it is a two colored guitar it is black around the edges and fades into a wood brown/goldish color the name on the head of the guitar has been rubbed off but i can make out a squiddle line is under the name and thats it.

Anonymous

: : i have an old guitar as well it is kind of like a fender srtat style but i know it is not a fender. the pickups are white with a metal casing around them it also says made in japan, does anyone know what kind of guitar this is, it is a two colored guitar it is black around the edges and fades into a wood brown/goldish color the name on the head of the guitar has been rubbed off but i can make out a squiddle line is under the name and thats it. Sounds like there are three of us in this boat. My guitar has no name on the head other than an iridecent logo of a stylized SR which kind of looks like a gyroscope (the SR is sideways). The pickup is encased in black plastic. The color is black around the edges, fading to a more natural, cherry finish, the pick guard appears to be vinyl and the knobs on the tuning pegs are plastic. The body and neck are wood, but the neck has steel reinforcements. I’ve never come across a guitar that looks like this one, and oddly enough, it’s made in Japan. I have a model number, I just don’t know what company made it. Can anyone help?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.