Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Marshall Amplifiers

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I own a Marshall Valvestate 15R and will soon replace it with a better amp. I’m thinking about the VS100R, the VS265R or the TSL 122. I’m at the time more favorable to the VS100, as I think the TSL is a bit expensive and my skills doesn’t uh, ‘deserve’ that much. At the same time, the VS265 is too expensive for a valvestate, on my opinion. And, besides all, the VS100 get a tube on the preamp (does it really help?). I have another 2 doubts: Valves are great, I know, but the valvestate will sound SOOOOOO worse than the TSL? And between the combo and the head, wich is the best option? Thanks to anyone that can help me!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hullo, yes I own a VS100. I’ve used it for gigs – audiences 250+. It sounded great though I wasn’t pushin’ it too much. Normally though I’m just ticklin’ it at about 1/4 volume on any of the modes and it pisses off my house mates good and proper. Anything is a move up from what you have already, so just put your hand in your pocket and spend a little cash you muppet

Anonymous

Right now i own the Full Stack. I like it alot. I play a fender strat and it sounds really good with distortion.

Anonymous

Just wondering if somebody can tell me where I can get in touch with Marshall the company by e-mail?

Anonymous

Marshall amps are so goodd

Anonymous

Hey dude I know what u mean by getting a VS100 u dont know how long i,ve wanted one but the thing is that marshall have discontinued them so theres no luck 4 us. OLY

Anonymous

I can help you mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      YOU SAD LONER WHO DON’T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GUITARS!!!!!
      thankyou for your co-operation………love dave xxx

Anonymous

: I own a Marshall Valvestate 15R and will soon replace it with a better amp. I’m thinking about the VS100R, the VS265R or the TSL 122.
      : I’m at the time more favorable to the VS100, as I think the TSL is a bit expensive and my skills doesn’t uh, ‘deserve’ that much. At the same time, the VS265 is too expensive for a valvestate, on my opinion.
      : And, besides all, the VS100 get a tube on the preamp (does it really help?). I have another 2 doubts: Valves are great, I know, but the valvestate will sound SOOOOOO worse than the TSL? And between the combo and the head, wich is the best option? Thanks to anyone that can help me!

Anonymous

: I own a Marshall Valvestate 15R and will soon replace it with a better amp. I’m thinking about the VS100R, the VS265R or the TSL 122.
      : I’m at the time more favorable to the VS100, as I think the TSL is a bit expensive and my skills doesn’t uh, ‘deserve’ that much. At the same time, the VS265 is too expensive for a valvestate, on my opinion.
      : And, besides all, the VS100 get a tube on the preamp (does it really help?). I have another 2 doubts: Valves are great, I know, but the valvestate will sound SOOOOOO worse than the TSL? And between the combo and the head, wich is the best option? Thanks to anyone that can help me!

Hi,
      I have recently bought a JCM2000 DSL100, I guess I shouldnt be blaming the amp, but The
      place I bought it from sold it to me completely faulty. Before this I previously owned a little 40watt
      valvestae so I didnt really know what to listen to. After convincing myself that something was wrong
      I took it to my technition. I went to drop it off, he tried it out and shook his head. No power, No guts
      It was for a lack of a better word "FUCKED". He told me that a few people have complained about the
      same thing. So My advice to anyone who reads this message is Look out for doggy amps, they
      sometimes come damaged especially Valve amps.

Anonymous

I work with the JCM2000 DSL100 on an almost daily basis. In my opinion they are some of the most tempermental little bastards you can find. If you keep up with them they will definatly serve you well though. Another good choice is the plexi head re-issue. Stick by your Marshall’s you’ll be really glad you did (especially if you keep them in top shape for 30 years or so…vintage = value).

Anonymous

When I said that my skills didn’t deserve it, I was telling that I’m an intermediate guitarrist. And for my eyes, is pointless, for example, to a begginer buy a greeeeat amp as his first. Even to discover the odds between them. So maybe it was not a good choice to buy a so expensive amp. But I tried the amps on a local store (the tube amp was a marshall jcm600) and truly found a great difference. Although the VS100 is more versatile. So I think I will wait a little and go for the TSL…
      Anyways thanks for the advices!

Anonymous

DSL 50? did you compare it to others ? do you like it ? try the tsl?

Doug

Anonymous

What do you mean your skills don’t deserve it. That’s sort of reverse logic to my way of thinking. Good gear inspires us to play better.
      Get a superior rig and your playing will improve to levels you have never dreamt of, believe me it’s true.

Anonymous

: I’m at the time more favorable to the VS100, as I think the TSL is a bit expensive and my skills doesn’t

uh, ‘deserve’ that much. At the same time, the VS265
      is too expensive for a valvestate, on my opinion.
      I don’t think that valve in the valvestate does much really. Move up to valves, you won’t regret it.
      You’re better off going for an older valve amp like say a JCM800 than Valvestate.

Anonymous

i have a jcm900 and i hould like to see all the conections that i can do with mi 4×12" stereo speaker

Anonymous

I PLAY MARSHALL HEADS WITH 412 CABS….I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED THE "JCM2000" 50 WATT HEAD AND LOVE IT…4 MODES OF OPERATION…CLEAN, CLASSIC GAIN, MODERN AND ULTRA GAIN MODES….VERY VERSITLE AND I PREFER TUBES FOR THE WARMTH AND HARMONICS….ALSO LIKE JCM900 HEADS AND I USE THE 50 WATT HEAD BECAUSE YOU CAN DIAL IN A VOLUME THAT WON’T WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORHOOD, AND YET HAVE ALL YOU NEED WHEN YOU PLAY LIVE, OR WITH OTHER MUSICIANS….I PREFER THE MARSHALL 412 WITH VINTAGE 30 SPEAKERS, HOWEVER, ANY MARHSALL CAB WILL SOUND GREAT…THE MARSHALL 212 CAB WORKS WELL ALSO, AND TAKES UP ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF SPACE….

Anonymous

well, it depends how much you are willing to spend. i bought myself a JCM900 around 2 months ago for . my friend had previously bought a VS100R about 6 months before i bought mine and i was thinking for money factors that i would get the same. but I found the 900 for less than he bought his VS100 for and it is so much better. he has already put his VS up for sale and is saing for A Valve amp. the valve sound is just so much more meatier. My opinion is that you should look for a valve amp. the quality is so much better even if your skills don’t ‘deserve’ it. well, good luck!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.