Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1953 Martin 00-17 What is this?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently inherited this guitar and haven’t seen any mention of a 00-17 on Martin’s or anyone else’s websites. Does anyone know anything about this guitar?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have one made in ’48. I suppose it may be worth 000 even with the wear on the finish. It’s very good for blues. The top back and sides are mahogany, and that may give it a brighter sound.

Anonymous

It is a very valuable guitar, is what this is. If it is in good condition you can find yourself coming into quite a bit of money.

Anonymous

: I recently inherited this guitar and haven’t seen any mention of a 00-17 on Martin’s or anyone else’s websites. Does anyone know anything about this guitar?

It may be discountinued. I know that Martin has not kept many guitar models, from the 60’s on back. It may have been discountinued, or just made in smaller amounts, because I haven’t heard of it. My advise is, call Martin, ask them for info on the guitar, or buy a book about Martin’s, and that will give you background info on the guitar. I don’t much about Martins, but I have to say is, that if you say it, you will be one rich guy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.