westone thunder 1a

Posted by josh on Mon, 09/29/03 - 06:52:26.

hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: westone thunder 1a

: hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

Westones are amazing guitars, I wouldnt pass up the oportunity to buy one, but I dont think its worth £200. Try to make a lower offer on it. They are amazing guitars and play beutifuly

Josh?,
I don't know what the Thunder model looks like but Westone is a top quality instrument made in the Motsumoku factory in Japan. They built Aria, Westbury, and Electra amoung others and are in demand on e-bay.
200 pounds does seem a bit steep, but if it sounds great (they usually have DiMarzio pickups) , looks great, and play easy....what the hell? Sure beats the pants off all that crap comming out of China & Indonesia today.
Ben

They are not a highly recognised instrument, so you are probably dubious about the cost. I'd say it's worth 200 pounds (assuming it is in working & playable condition).
They are a very playable bass, with excellent sounds coming from the active circuit. A good back-up bass with a surprising punch even if it doesn't have the name or image behind it.

I'd probably buy it if it was offered to me (if I didn't have one already).

Enjoy.

: hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

: : hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

I paid £150 quid for the first, 15 years ago, paid
£150 for a second hand one, 5 years ago, one was just not enough, I always end up going back to these two, the active humbuckers sound beutifull,
put through a Roland GP100 etc, are a thick Fat sound with very big F. These like 11s on, you will think of any non active pickup guitar in a different light after one of these. If it is in good order, offer £150 and work up to the £200.

Plug this into a Roland or Zoom, and listen in stereo to the affects, and you will hand over the money, NOT the Thunder.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.