Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics westone thunder 1a

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers

Anonymous

: : hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers I paid £150 quid for the first, 15 years ago, paid £150 for a second hand one, 5 years ago, one was just not enough, I always end up going back to these two, the active humbuckers sound beutifull, put through a Roland GP100 etc, are a thick Fat sound with very big F. These like 11s on, you will think of any non active pickup guitar in a different light after one of these. If it is in good order, offer £150 and work up to the £200. Plug this into a Roland or Zoom, and listen in stereo to the affects, and you will hand over the money, NOT the Thunder.

Anonymous

They are not a highly recognised instrument, so you are probably dubious about the cost. I’d say it’s worth 200 pounds (assuming it is in working & playable condition). They are a very playable bass, with excellent sounds coming from the active circuit. A good back-up bass with a surprising punch even if it doesn’t have the name or image behind it. I’d probably buy it if it was offered to me (if I didn’t have one already). Enjoy.

Anonymous

Josh?, I don’t know what the Thunder model looks like but Westone is a top quality instrument made in the Motsumoku factory in Japan. They built Aria, Westbury, and Electra amoung others and are in demand on e-bay. 200 pounds does seem a bit steep, but if it sounds great (they usually have DiMarzio pickups) , looks great, and play easy….what the hell? Sure beats the pants off all that crap comming out of China & Indonesia today. Ben

Anonymous

: hey can anyone tell me if a second hand thunder 1a is worth shedding 200 quid for? it looks in okay condition and seems like it would be a good play. any ieas people?? cheers Westones are amazing guitars, I wouldnt pass up the oportunity to buy one, but I dont think its worth £200. Try to make a lower offer on it. They are amazing guitars and play beutifuly

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.