Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics S.S. Stewart Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have A guitar that reads S.S. Stewart. The only thing I know about it is that it is very old and it is in excellent condition. It has been really difficult to find info about its value. If you know anything about its possible value please let me know.

Thank You!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

trying to figure out when mine was made, I’m thinking 70’s? Says model F-20 SS Stewart product of Red Tree music

Anonymous

Is there a stewart website where I can plug in a model number (123150) of an ss stewart dreadnought guitar and find out a little more about it. It looks pretty modern. I thought stewart was a thing of the past. thanks wagadog

Anonymous

I am trying to find out as much informaiton as I can on this guitar. When and where it was made? Materials? Current Value?

Anonymous

I also have the 1940 SS Stewart that my Father bought new for the grand sum of $25. I learned to pick on this one. From what I can gather, SS Stewart were known more for banjos than guitars, although I am finding more people who either have now or have had in the past an old SS Stewart archtop. Found one guy only a few blocks from home that just purchased one a short time ago. You can check out the following link for pictures of one: http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Museum/Guitar/SSSG/sssg.html -BarryG Brockville, Ontario, Canada

Anonymous

: I also have the 1940 SS Stewart that my Father bought new for the grand sum of $25. I learned to pick on this one. : From what I can gather, SS Stewart were known more for banjos than guitars, although I am finding more people who either have now or have had in the past an old SS Stewart archtop. Found one guy only a few blocks from home that just purchased one a short time ago. : You can check out the following link for pictures of one: : http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Museum/Guitar/SSSG/sssg.html : -BarryG : Brockville, Ontario, Canada

Anonymous

I have one – possibly 1930’s as it has separated ends to F holes. Mine has been restored from a rather woeful condition and painted in the original black as noted from neck disassembly. Beautiful deeply carved top but rest of body is laminate I think. A half discernable number is **36 – 1936??? Really deep V style neck but quite comfortable. Has lovely old tone and plenty of volume – better than my Gibson L50 which is of similar construction. As note SS Stewart were known for banjos and I imagine that the guitars were actually made for them by someone else so that they could offer a range of instruments. A nice guitar that reponds well to heavy strings and a hard pick.

Anonymous

I have a SS stewart guitar i would like some info on it ,or a site or number i could call to find out some things about it thanks have a nice day josh

Anonymous

: i too have a ss stewart passed down to me by my uncle. it’s agreat sounding arch top that stays inturne forever i play it quite frequently. would like to know specs, original cost, and any other info on guitar. my ss stewart is a model 9460 serial number 9243 (if model is not a 9460 it is 9459 printing on inside tag is faded) any help greatly appreciated John T

Anonymous

: : i too have a ss stewart passed down to me by my uncle. it’s agreat sounding arch top that stays inturne forever i play it quite frequently. would like to know specs, original cost, and any other info on guitar. my ss stewart is a model 9460 serial number 9243 (if model is not a 9460 it is 9450 printing on inside tag is faded) : any help greatly appreciated John T

Anonymous

: I just bought an SS stewart guitar on eBay. Does anyone know about the electric guitars they put their name on in the 50’s or so? I am told it was possibly made by Harmony? : Ted

Anonymous

: I have a SS stewart guitar i would like some info on it ,or a site or number i could call to find out some things about it thanks have a nice day : josh I have a turn of the century Stewart parlor guitar. Its a great little guitar, its a slot head with Brazilian rosewood back and sides and Sitka Spruce top. It has a wonderful mellow tone. If anyone has additional information on Stewart guitars please let me know. Ron

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.