Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Aria Classical Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a circa 1970 Aria classical guitar. I would like to find out the worth of this guitar. It is in good condition having sat in a guitar box for over 30 years. The wood on the body of the guitar is a color of burnt orange-brown, there are wooden tuning pegs. There is a paper inside that reads:
    Serial No: 00067, ARIA, Construccion artistice de Guitarra, Model A 544 FS, Made In Japan, and a circular ink stamped with the word ARIA in the middle and other letters surrounding the circle which I can’t read.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi, I had one of these guitars once, I liked it a lot. Any plans on selling it?

Anonymous

: I have a circa 1970 Aria classical guitar. I would like to find out the worth of this guitar. It is in good condition having sat in a guitar box for over 30 years. The wood on the body of the guitar is a color of burnt orange-brown, there are wooden tuning pegs. There is a paper inside that reads:
      : Serial No: 00067, ARIA, Construccion artistice de Guitarra, Model A 544 FS, Made In Japan, and a circular ink stamped with the word ARIA in the middle and other letters surrounding the circle which I can’t read.

I owned a ’68 aria classical with better that friction pegs and I paid 50 for it new. Top isn’t plywood I’m pretty sure and only thing I can say about performance/projection was that it had a mellow sound –better than my friends takamine…But not as loud. You could easily pick up 00 if it isn’t cracked and the binding isn’t dinged-up. It’s a great intermediate quality instrument. Keep it.

Anonymous

One of the major factors is the wood the top is made of. When you look at the edge of the wood around the inside of the soundhole do you see laminations, like thin plywood, or solid wood about an eighth of an inch thick.
      If it is wood it is likely a more expensive guitar than if it is plywood. Other than that it is very difficult to say without seeing it.
      There must be a music store near you that you can take it to for better advice.
      Jim in Canada

: I have a circa 1970 Aria classical guitar. I would like to find out the worth of this guitar. It is in good condition having sat in a guitar box for over 30 years. The wood on the body of the guitar is a color of burnt orange-brown, there are wooden tuning pegs. There is a paper inside that reads:
      : Serial No: 00067, ARIA, Construccion artistice de Guitarra, Model A 544 FS, Made In Japan, and a circular ink stamped with the word ARIA in the middle and other letters surrounding the circle which I can’t read.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.