Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Anyone know more details about Mexican Fender Serial Numbers?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hey Forum,

I have a 60’s Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one.
    Does anyone know if Fender’s Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it’s kinda making me nuts.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a sunburst 60’s Strat® MN810**** as well and its the best built strat I own, and I have vintage, expensive versions!
      Its in mint condition I bought it for $399 and its 2 piece alder. The only upgrade I did was put in Custom Shop 69’s in it and now its a perfect guitar all around!
      Absolutely love it, dark dark varnish too on neck, beautiful..
      And man you should hear that thing ..just perfect. Needless to say I baby her

Anonymous

: Hello, : I have a Mexican Strat. The serial number is MN000206 , I bouth it from some guy and he also didn’t knew when it was made . Thanx

Anonymous

: Hey Forum, : I have a 60’s Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one. : Does anyone know if Fender’s Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it’s kinda making me nuts. I have a Mexican Fender with the serial number starting with ‘MN9′ reading MN9 121690. I found a site that let me know it was produced in 1999. seems if the serial number starts with MN8-9 then it is mexican made in either 1998-99’. here is the URL- http://www.kellyindustries.com/manufacturers/fender_serial_numbers.html hope that helps

Anonymous

M ==> Mexico N ==> 1990 8 ==> 1998 the rest is just the # w/nothing to due w/day produced : Hey Forum, : I have a 60’s Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one. : Does anyone know if Fender’s Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it’s kinda making me nuts.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.