Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: how date a yamaha FG180

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

: I have a yamaha fg180 serial number 919008. What is the year is was made. RET

Reply: Yamaha does not have serial number information, but your model was probably made in the very early 70’s, like 1970 – 72. What else do you know about it’s history?

One of the guitars I play is a 1971 FG150 purchased by a family member, and the 180 was from around the same time.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I’ve wondered about them too. My first amp, back in about 1966, was a Hilgen Basso Grande. It was a 2-12 piggy-back with 2 channels. I bought it "new" for about $150 in a pawn shop in Santa Monica. I’ve only ever seen one other. It had these strange latches the attached the head to the cabinet. I always had to unlatch them, though, because the vibration from the cab would rattle the tubes. : I own two amps from a company called Hilgen and would like some info about the company .thank you for your help

Anonymous

: I own two amps from a company called Hilgen and would like some info about the company .thank you for your help

Anonymous

: I own two amps from a company called Hilgen and would like some info about the company .thank you for your help Hey! I also have HILGEN amps among others. I have been looking and talking to other grpous/clubs and can find nothing on these amps. Will let you know whenever I do find something. I just had my third HILGEN delivered today! CYA! [email protected]

Anonymous

: HI Yes I own several Hilgen amps and did some research Hilgen was a small amp company from New Jersey in the early sixties they only made a few models single twelve and 2- twelve they made one cool 2-12 model that had a head that swiveled down into the cabinet the circuits look similar to ampeg but they were not affiliated with them what models do you have I have a catalog that tells the correct tubes etc E mail mer if you need more info

Anonymous

: HI Yes I own several Hilgen amps and did some research Hilgen was a small amp company from New Jersey in the early sixties they only made a few models single twelve and 2- twelve they made one cool 2-12 model that had a head that swiveled down into the cabinet the circuits look similar to ampeg but they were not affiliated with them what models do you have I have a catalog that tells the correct tubes etc E mail mer if you need more info

Anonymous

HILGEN WAS AN OFF SHOOT OF AMPEG..A CROSS BETWEEN MARSHALL VOX AND AMPEG…BEST RYTHM AMP AVAILABLE FOR A DIFFERNT TONE….VALUE CONTINUES TO RISE QUICKLY..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.