Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Giannini Ukuleles

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am considering the purchase of a Giannini baritone ukulele but am not familiar with that company. I have not bee able to find anything about it on the internet but know that it makes or made baritone ukes and was based in Brazil. It also supplied a company called "Emerson" with such instruments for sale in the US.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Most G Baritones are worth in 2019 anywhere from 265-385 US dollars depending on condition. They and Favillias were referred to as a poor man’s Martin though many pros preferred the Favilla and sometimes Gia. over the Martin baritone. Favs. came out in the early ’50’s. G’s and Martins around 1960.

Anonymous

Most G Baritones are worth in 2019 anywhere from 265-385 US dollars depending on condition. They and Favillias were referred to as a poor man’s Martin though many pros preferred the Favilla and sometimes Gia. over the Martin baritone. Favs. came out in the early ’50’s. G’s and Martins around 1960.

Anonymous

I own a Baritone Giannini Ukulele made in Brazil–Merson Musical Products. Can you tell me what its current value would be.

Sincerely,

Sue

Anonymous

I recently came across a Giannini Baritone Ukelele at a yard sale – thought it was interesting and, I would like to find some information about the manufacturer, instrument, whatever may be available. Not much on Internet. Here is what the inside labeling says:

Giannini Baritone Ukelele
      Made in Brazil
      Tanquillo Giannini S.A.
      C.G.C. 61.196.19/0001-76
      RUA Carlos Weber 184
      Sao Paulo, Brazil

On the top of the guitar is a signature in gold color that says Giannini 1900 . I did find information on the Giannini Company that said it was founded in 1900 (so I assume this is just an indicated of who manufactured the uke).

Not looking to sell but, being the curious individual that I am – I’d like whatever info may be out there. Thank you for your time and consideration to anyone who may have some info.

Anonymous

Jose Feliciano often used nylon-string guitars by Giannini, if that’s any indication of their quality and reputation.

Anonymous

My father which passed left me a Giannini Baritone Ukulele made in Brazil on August 17, 1972 .
      Does any one know the value of this?
      Thanks

Anonymous

: I am considering the purchase of a Giannini baritone ukulele but am not familiar with that company. I have not bee able to find anything about it on the internet but know that it makes or made baritone ukes and was based in Brazil. It also supplied a company called "Emerson" with such instruments for sale in the US.

Anonymous

I am considering purchasing a Giannini baritone ukulele but I’m not familiar with that company. I have not been able to find anything about it on the internet but know that the company makes or made baritone ukes based in Brazil. Giannini also supplied a company called "Emerson" with their instruments for sale in the US. What is the quailty say to a Martin and or Harmony?

Anonymous

I bought a Giannini Ukulele about 30 years ago and was told at the time they were very hard to find in the states, but you could find them in Puerta Rico. I still have mine and it is in excellent condition! It’s beautiful and has a wonderful tone like no other ukulele I’ve ever heard.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.