Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Epiphone everly brothers reissue? good deal2468809?? help!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hi,
    ive been offered an Epiphone everly brothers reissue of the original gibson everly guitar.. model number sq180 for £140.
    is this a good deal?

the guitar isnt mint, the scratchplate is coming away a little…? anyone know anything about these guitars??….other than tht they look good?

he also says tht the guitar has a slightly warm & restrained sound because of the large scratchplate?

i saw an ad for 1 in a guitar mag, priced at £189 new?…but ive been led to beleive tht they have now been discontinued?

i dont know what to do?…there are about 3 other guitars im considering buying, but they are all new, this is second hand.

the other guitars are:
    an ovation adamas copy by stagg, electro acoustic – £140
    epiphone J200 Acoustic – £279
    epiphone hummingbird – £249

please help, im in need of some good advice.

thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: hi, : ive been offered an Epiphone everly brothers reissue of the original gibson everly guitar.. model number sq180 for £140. : is this a good deal? hi, i have been an everly collector for forty years, i have a gibson, and an epiphone and a hondo which is an epiphone that has been re labeled, i also have a couple ibanez and aria copies, which are based on the larger j200 body . look carefully at the neck, the older epiphones have a tendency to twist. if you can find a hondo or i understand that there was a guitar maker in england that made some prety good copies, you might consider them. ebay frequently has these epiphones for between 150-250 dollars u.s. so i’m not sure how much 140 pounds is it might be o.k. good luck, mike : the guitar isnt mint, the scratchplate is coming away a little…? anyone know anything about these guitars??….other than tht they look good? : he also says tht the guitar has a slightly warm & restrained sound because of the large scratchplate? : i saw an ad for 1 in a guitar mag, priced at £189 new?…but ive been led to beleive tht they have now been discontinued? : i dont know what to do?…there are about 3 other guitars im considering buying, but they are all new, this is second hand. : the other guitars are: : an ovation adamas copy by stagg, electro acoustic – £140 : epiphone J200 Acoustic – £279 : epiphone hummingbird – £249 : please help, im in need of some good advice. : thanks

Anonymous

Hi, I have just bought 2 of the EPIPHONE guitars – new – hee in Australia. They are still available although these were the only 2 to be imported here for quite a while. They worled out at about 150 opounds eac new, but I did get a good price. maybe you should check with the importers in the UK to see what the current new price is? The scratchoplate on the new guitars is slightly thinner, so this allows the guitar sound to come through. All the best, DAVID

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.