Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics What Kind of SG do I Have?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a 70’s or late 60’s Gibson SG. I can’t seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don’t know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a 70’s or late 60’s Gibson SG. I can’t seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don’t know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

Anonymous

on the back of the headstock there are serial numbers stamped in the wood. these numbers tell you things about the guitar. i think either the blue book gitar site has info on that, or gibson does. actually i think gibson has a link that explains the numbers for various guitars. my SG has numbers something like this: 7xxx9xxx the first digit is for 7o’s i think? the 9 is for ’79. i can’t remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you’d do best to look it up. it would be at http://www.gibson.com i think. : : I have a 70’s or late 60’s Gibson SG. I can’t seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don’t know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

Anonymous

: on the back of the headstock there are serial numbers stamped in the wood. these numbers tell you things about the guitar. : i think either the blue book gitar site has info on that, or gibson does. actually i think gibson has a link that explains the numbers for various guitars. : my SG has numbers something like this: : 7xxx9xxx : the first digit is for 7o’s i think? the 9 is for ’79. : i can’t remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you’d do best to look it up. it would be at http://www.gibson.com i think. : : : I have a 70’s or late 60’s Gibson SG. I can’t seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don’t know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

Anonymous

mi guitar have 8 numbers but a word SEC please send me info. : : my SG has numbers something like this: : : 7xxx9xxx : : the first digit is for 7o’s i think? the 9 is for ’79. : : i can’t remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you’d do best to look it up. it would be at http://www.gibson.com i think. : : : : I have a 70’s or late 60’s Gibson SG. I can’t seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don’t know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.