Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Paul Languedoc guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

For everyone who asked about Trey’s guitar it is make by luthier Paul Languedoc, Phish’s longtime soundman. I don’t really know anything about his past expierence but he makes beautifull guitars as far as I can tell from seeing one up close and hearing them in concert. I don’t know if you can get one from him or not, as it probably depends on how much time he has to devote to the process but Bunker Guitars makes a very similar model, almost a replica, and they look beautifull. They are pricy as you would expect, but a custom guitar can cost a lot more. The website to the exact page with the guitar you want, and a checklist of some of the features you can add, is http://www.bunker-guitars.com/koa.html. They mention Paul but I don’t know if he worked for this company, or with someone in it previously. Good luck, the guitars run for about ,500.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have started making some Languedoc style guitars and kits. I first made a proto type for a dealer but he ended out having a family crisis and had to back out. Then I built 12 in kit form… I sold them for around $300.00

In production right now, I am building more of those as semi hollow (most are pre sold) and I am taking orders now for full hollow body. These are available with solid maple or ash tops, solid mahogany or ash backs and sides with rosewood as an additional back option.

I am doing these so the average guy can afford one. Finished models pre ordered during this production run are only $450.00 and up. Kits pre ordered start at $259.00 plus shipping.

Check then out if you want an affordable alternative to a Languedoc copy – replica.

http://www.rmolsonguitars.com/Languedoc_Guitar_html

Email [email protected]
      CELL 501 253-1561

Anonymous

What kind of pickups are on Trey’s guitar?

Anonymous

: What kind of pickups are on Trey’s guitar? Trey uses Schaeller "50’s golden" pick ups.

Anonymous

I hate to say bad things about anyone that would take the undertaking of making a Languedoc, but the Bunker guitar isn’t close (at all) to the ones paul made for Trey. The few (blonde, orange – all Koa, and darker red one – koa with a spruce top) contain no "internal stock" wood. Also to my surprise contain almost no bracing (esp. along the back). Anyway, Bunker is great for making such a beautiful guitar, but I wouldn’t pay 7.5g for it. I know because I personally make guitars and one of my favorites to make is the languedocs, as I call them. I cut down on the bracing and tried to make it exact. In fact…most of the parts on my guitars are hand/custom made. Even down the die and cast work such as truss rods and bridges. Anyway, thats good to know that they sell it for 7,500…I’m almost done with a complete line I’ve been working on (the Languedocs). I’m also starting a new line totally custom aimed towards Phish(Pending their approval to use the name "Phish").

Anonymous

Any chance you could make me one of those? ar : I hate to say bad things about anyone that would take the undertaking of making a Languedoc, but the Bunker guitar isn’t close (at all) to the ones paul made for Trey. The few (blonde, orange – all Koa, and darker red one – koa with a spruce top) contain no "internal stock" wood. Also to my surprise contain almost no bracing (esp. along the back). Anyway, Bunker is great for making such a beautiful guitar, but I wouldn’t pay 7.5g for it. I know because I personally make guitars and one of my favorites to make is the languedocs, as I call them. I cut down on the bracing and tried to make it exact. In fact…most of the parts on my guitars are hand/custom made. Even down the die and cast work such as truss rods and bridges. Anyway, thats good to know that they sell it for 7,500…I’m almost done with a complete line I’ve been working on (the Languedocs). I’m also starting a new line totally custom aimed towards Phish(Pending their approval to use the name "Phish").

Anonymous

How can I get one of your guitars? : I hate to say bad things about anyone that would take the undertaking of making a Languedoc, but the Bunker guitar isn’t close (at all) to the ones paul made for Trey. The few (blonde, orange – all Koa, and darker red one – koa with a spruce top) contain no "internal stock" wood. Also to my surprise contain almost no bracing (esp. along the back). Anyway, Bunker is great for making such a beautiful guitar, but I wouldn’t pay 7.5g for it. I know because I personally make guitars and one of my favorites to make is the languedocs, as I call them. I cut down on the bracing and tried to make it exact. In fact…most of the parts on my guitars are hand/custom made. Even down the die and cast work such as truss rods and bridges. Anyway, thats good to know that they sell it for 7,500…I’m almost done with a complete line I’ve been working on (the Languedocs). I’m also starting a new line totally custom aimed towards Phish(Pending their approval to use the name "Phish").

Anonymous

To the guitar builder-I am in the process of acquiring some koa and maple to have a friend build me a guitar. I want it done like Trey’s but he isn’t a Phish fan. Would you be willing to tell me the specs, such as body dimension, neck shape, fretboard radius, etc.? If you could take the time I would be greatly in your debt. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.