Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yamaha FG-340 Info

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just got a Yamaha FG-340 from a friend for free. I know it’s old but in pristine shape. Im just curious, whats the value, sound quality, is this just a normal bottom of the pile acoustic? Any info would be much apreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

you lucky bastard! i can’t beleive you got that guitar for free. i dont know how much it’s worth but my buds got the fg-340 (2) and its a peice of art. old guitars are better anyway. theyve been "broken in" with music. they usually have better wood (giving them a better sound), and better craftmenship. besides, the new ones are just a peice of plastic coming out of a factory. the older ones have more soul and heart.

Anonymous

Check ou al the reviews of this at: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Yamaha/FG-340-01.html most of them has the price paid and how long they have owned the guitar. Average score 9.5 out of 10 BTW …. I have had this guitar for 19 years now. I want to treat myself to a new acc for the big ’40’ and have found myself looking at guitars over 800GBP to get something that to my mind is an improvement in tone and clarity, The fact you can pick these things up for circa 1-200 GBP makes them a bargain.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.