Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 4-12 guitar cabinet wiring diagram needed…

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i have a fender hd 412 stereo cabinet that has all 8 ohm speakers in it i need a schematic that will show how to wire it either at 8 ohms, 4 ohms, or 2, 16 if you know it to
    thanx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: i have a fender hd 412 stereo cabinet that has all 8 ohm speakers in it i need a schematic that will show how to wire it either at 8 ohms, 4 ohms, or 2, 16 if you know it to : thanx Greg, You’ll need top wire it up in the Series/Parallel configuration: *4 x 8 Ohm speaker = 8 Ohm load *4 x 16 Ohm speaker = 16 Ohm load Series / Parallel ——————————————————- 4 x 8 Ohm speaker = 8 Ohm load 4 x 16 Ohm speaker = 16 Ohm load ——————————————————- 1) TOP two speakers: a) Both positives individually to the "tip" side of jack socket. b) Both negatives of TOP speakers each to positives of BOTTOM speakers directly under each. ——————————————————- 2) BOTTOM two speakers: a) Negatives from both speakers to the ring side of the jack socket. ===========DONE!==============

Anonymous

Actually, I think I mixed up the 2 ohm and 16 ohm. I think 2 ohm is where you wire them all in series and 16 is where you wire all the speakers parallel. Sorry about that.

Anonymous

You can’t do 4 ohms with 4 eight ohm speakers. You can do 16, 8, or 2. Basically what you want to do for eight ohms is wire two sets of 2 speakers in series, then wire each set parallel. To do this take your top set of speakers and wire the positive connector of one to the negative connector of the other. Then take the remaining pos and neg connectors and wire them to the jack. Do the same with the bottom set. At the jack you will end up with two sets of positive wire connected to the the tip contact and two sets of negative wires connected to the base contact of the jack. To do 16 ohms wire all positives from all 4 speackers to the tip connector and all 4 negatives to the base connector of the jack. For 2 ohms (not recommended uless you know your amplifier very well) You will wire all speakers in series (pos to neg). Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.