Boss pedal repairs/mods

Posted by BCG on Fri, 02/06/04 - 05:49:57.

I've got A DS-1 distortion,and a SD-1 Overdrive,both of which are non functioning(I probably tried a power supply with reversed polarity)and I am wondering if these pedals have a habit of blowing certain diodes.
Anybody have tips on troubleshooting?
Also,I see companies out there selling mod'ed versions of these pedals,any info on the procedure?
BCG

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Boss pedal repairs/mods

: I've got A DS-1 distortion,and a SD-1 Overdrive,both of which are non functioning(I probably tried a power supply with reversed polarity)and I am wondering if these pedals have a habit of blowing certain diodes.
: Anybody have tips on troubleshooting?
: Also,I see companies out there selling mod'ed versions of these pedals,any info on the procedure?
: BCG

Hi I'm a tech thats been moding pedals for a while. Robert Keeley does the best mods and uses the best components. I've done the DS1 seeing eye mod (SEM) and it works great. you can find all the info. on robert's site. use google search on Keeley. The components can be bought on e-bay or thru small bear electronics (Steve Daniels). It's a great mod, I use the pedal at my gigs now, before it was a paper weight. Have fun. CYA Bruce Bergman

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.