Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Pearl accoustic dreadnought by Hayashi # 01376

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought this guitar second-hand in about 1976. It has the name Pearl (as in drums) in exactly the same logo inlaid in mother of pearl. I have never seen another guitar by this maker. Inside the guitar it says "Pearl Guitar" underneath this it says Four or Tour(I can’t tell)then "Made by Hayashi" and the Serial # is 01376. It is black with a rosewood/ M-O-P inlaid neck. Can anyone give me any info about the history/value etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks – Kev

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I HAVE A PEARL FOLK GUITAR. IT WAS MY GRAND MOTHERS. IT HAS MADE BY HAYASHI INSIDE IT WITH THE SERIAL # 901378. CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THESE GUITARS? I HAVE TRIED TO DO THE RESEARCH BUT CAN COME UP WITH NOTHING. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE MARY GREEN7Z

Anonymous

Hayashi is a Japanese name.He is probably the luthier who made the guitar. The makers of Pearl drums once made a guitar, but stoped making guitars to consentrate on drums and accessories. The guitar is probably worth way more now than when new, and is likely to be a collectors item in Japan.The inlays are probably of real mother of pearl and real abalone. try a few searches for pearlmusic, pearldrums,etc to see if you can turn up a lead on the company,maby get lucky and email the company.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.