Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics messed up my new guitar floyd rose thing.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently bought a new guitar and it is fitted with a floyd rose locking tremelo, system. The strings that were originally on the guitar were worn so I decided just to get a new set. I foolishly took all the strings off first, and now when I get the guitar in tune the bridge sits far too low and it’s unplayable.
    Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

There is a cover on the back of the guitar that conceals the under side of the Floyd. Remove it and you’ll see some springs. These adjust the tension on the Floyd. If you screw them further in to the body of the guitar they will pull the rear of the Floyd down. If you loosen them a little the rear of the trem will raise. There are also a couple of bolts that the trem rocks back and forth on, these are for adjusting your string height. Screw them in to lower it and out to raise the action. A Floyd is a pain to set up and everytime you change a brand of string or guage you’ll have to go through this process. Intonation is a subject for a later date. Hope this helps.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.