Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics garcia guitar value

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone help me learn the value of a Frederico
    Garcia guitar I purchased new 30+ years ago?
    It is in excellent condition, but I have no
    idea as to it’s value. All the label in the body says
    is "No. 2" and "1970" (in addition to the Garcia name
    and Sherry/Brener, Ltd.). When I bought it, I was told
    that the sides and back were "coral rosewood."

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I also have a Garcia classical guitar, and would like to learn the value of it. I recently purchased mine from an elderly black man, who is also a co-worker of mine. I am a bass player, so I am pretty ignorant when it comes to classical guitars. The label of the guitar I purchased reads as follows: GARCIA Grade No.3, Febuary, 1974 Antiqua Casa Sherry-Brener LTD. of Madrid Sound Board (Spanish Pine) Back and Sides (Mahogany) Fingerboard(Grandillo) Neck(Cedar) Rosette (Inlade Wood Marquetry) Final Assembly and all parts and finishing…Japan. It appears that the bridge came off of the guitar, and been put back on by someone who was not a professional. Other than that, the guitar is in great shape, and has a very good sound to it. I would appreciate it if someone chould help me figure out the value of this guitar. Thanks Lee Payne

Anonymous

I also have a 1973 ‘student model grade 3; exactly like that. It really has a beautiful sound, and nothing at all wrong. I got it in 1983 for free (my step-father found in a garage he was cleaning and the realtor told him he could have it..he gave it to me. Funny, it didnt sound so good then. Now, it is just bright, and resonant, a superb guitar. I also want to know value. But I wont sell it.

Anonymous

I think it is worth $1000 in excellent shape. : Can anyone help me learn the value of a Frederico : Garcia guitar I purchased new 30+ years ago? : It is in excellent condition, but I have no : idea as to it’s value. All the label in the body says : is "No. 2" and "1970" (in addition to the Garcia name : and Sherry/Brener, Ltd.). When I bought it, I was told : that the sides and back were "coral rosewood."

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.