Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics LSR roller nut on Les Paul-type neck/headstock

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a very nice Warmoth parts "Les Paul" with a Wilkinson trem on it. I have good Schaller locking tuners on the guitar. I have done just about all I can with the (graphite) nut to make the strings not hang. It works fairly well, but of course not perfectly. Has anyone successfully put an LSR nut on something like this? The problem is NOT the angled headstock, but the side-angle the strings make going from nut to tuners. I was wondering if the side-loading on the bearings would cancel out any benefits. There is a pic of someone doing this on a site, but have not been able to find out from the guy if it worked well, although his workmanship looks just fine. Any ideas?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Wilkinson trem on it. I have good Schaller locking tuners on the guitar. I have done just about all I can with the (graphite) nut to make the strings not hang. It works fairly well, but of course not perfectly. Has anyone successfully put an LSR nut on something like this? The problem is NOT the angled headstock, but the side-angle the strings make going from nut to tuners. I was wondering if the side-loading on the bearings would cancel out any benefits. There is a pic of someone doing this on a site, but have not been able to find out from the guy if it worked well, although his workmanship looks just fine. Any ideas? i am having the same problem. i`m about to design my own rollernut with rollers at the fret as well as for the strings that go out on an angle.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.