Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Distortion pedal Like a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hey,

I really need to get a distortion pedal that will give me the crunch similar to a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier.

I’m trying to get Wes Borland distortion but I cant spend 500 on an amp head.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks,
    Streamer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hey i own a Ibanez SM-7 and just can’t get the MESA BOOGIE Triple Rectifer kind of sound – what settings should i use??? :0

Yeah, BTW i have a tube amp so what’s the problem guys?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Ibanez SM-7

Anonymous

The only way your going to get the real heavy lows and bone crushing bass sound like Wes is to get the Mesa i’m afraid. Most of that sound comes from the cabinet. I have the triple rectifier and it sounds sick when i plug it into my mesa cab but when i plug it into my marshall cab it loses the crunch and deep low end. Pedal wise, I’d say the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is the best distortion pedal you can buy for a real heavy metal sounding pedal

Anonymous

yo dudde.i have the same problem.i’m lookin for a mesa type of distortion and from which i’ve heard(and that made up my mind) the sm7 smashbox pedal from ibanez is pretty good at it especially through a tube amp.DON’T TRY DIGITECH RP AS THE OTHER GUY SAID.I OWN ONE RIGHT NOW,A DIGITECH RP300 AND SUX.DIGITAL ARE BAD.GO FOR ANALOG.try smashbox or metal zone these are pretty good reviewed pedals.i’m into kornish sound but wes kicks ass 2 when it comes to sounding cool…

Anonymous

hi my Digitech RP300 has a mesa boogie amplifier rectifier type amp emulation sound. the 200 and 100 also have it, and theyre cheaper, but the rp has some more adjustable parameters & stuff. rp300 is usually around 200 dollars, new. DOD also has different smaller foot pedals with just one type of amp sound on them, and they probably have one for the mesabooge recifier amp sound which would nodoubt be even cheaper than the RPs are. check em out. –dan –dan : Hey, : I really need to get a distortion pedal that will give me the crunch similar to a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier. : I’m trying to get Wes Borland distortion but I cant spend $1500 on an amp head. : Can anyone give me some advice? : Thanks, : Streamer

Anonymous

Dude, you should just upgrade from the rp300? I think thats what you have, to the GNX2 or 3. Ive had the pedal for about two years. Its made of metal, I kick the shit out of it and ive never had a problem and it has the warp feature which allows you to customize lows mids and highs for two different amps and then morph them together. (there is a rectifier amp model.) Plus you can set up the output for and effects loop or directly into the input of a 2×12 or 4×12 cabinent. By far the best damn pedal Ive ever played. It sounds phenomenal and like Ive said. Ive had it for about 2 years and Im still learning little things about it that really add a lot that face tearing sound i strive for when we do live shows. pick one up.

Anonymous

why get a modeler when you can get the real fucking thing, i own a mesa triple rec and use it for real metal, not that nu-metal bull shit. this amp is too much for that nu-metal bullshit, bottom line.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.