Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Kazuo Yairi Alvarez CBS Masterworks guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Looking for information on a specific guitar, but can’t seem to find info about CBS Masterworks ANYWHERE! My mom had a CBS Masterworks Limited Edition Classical Acoustic, that she bought in 1968. It was signed by Yairi, and the line of guitars was discontinued, so it’s of significant value, but trying to pinpoint how much. (My brother GAVE it away, in a trade for a car that didn’t last 2 months)

Anyway, enough rambling, if anyone could let me know if/where I could get information on CBS Masterworks guitars, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Breana Morgan
    [email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i have almost the exact same guitar and i have an insurance claim-minimum i would think $2000 but could be much more

Anonymous

I have this classical guitar -bought it new in the mid 1960’s for around $225.00
      Can anyone tell me what it’s value might be as of 2011-on the inside it says

CBS
      MASTERWORKS
      HAND MADE EXCLUSIVELY

BY

KAZUO YAIRI

MODEL NO ???-y1026 (I tHINK)

MADE IN JAPAN

Anonymous

I have a CBS Masterworks 12 string that I bought new in the 60’s, it still looks brand new and the sound is great. I had it appraised a few years ago $3500.00 Canadian. The neck has never bowed as a lot of 12 strings have. I paid around 300.00 for it but I don’t think I could ever sell it. If you are interested I could send you some pictures of it. Ken : Breana Morgan : [email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.