Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Boss GT5 vs GT6

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Need help in decided which processor to buy. I play metal and hard rock. Rumour has it that the GT6 not being as good as the GT5, is that true. Interestingly the GT5 is more expensive than the GT6. Between the too which would be a better buy?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Personally, very disappointed with the GT6. Bought it as a replacement/stand-alone substitute for the COSM effect board in my VS-880 hard disk recorder (now retired). Unfortunately it doesn’t have anywhere near the same depth of quality or sonic sophistication and is far too gimmick oriented (it’s a toy basically). That is to say that a great deal of the unit is dedicated to "sales appeal" features like ring-modulation, "guitar synth" sounds and hideous acoustic simulations that no sane person would ever use – rather than concentrating on providing just a few really classy overdriven sounds which is what most users would have hoped for i’m guessing. In it’s defence, it is very cheap now considering it’s inception price. Have no experience of the GT5 sadly so can’t comment there. Maybe you could wait a few months until the GT8 arrives (wish I had). The third option possibly?

Anonymous

I have owned a GT5 for about 3 years and when I first bought it I had the same questions. So I called boss directly and talked with a technician. He told me that the GT6 is a step down from the 5 and that the GT3 is a scaled down version of the GT5. The GT6 is more digital in its circuitry where the GT5 is more analog. Personally I like the sound of the GT5 much better than the GT6. Digital just sounds fake, tinny and brash. I like the sound of a tube amp and anything digital sounding plugged into it just defeats the whole purpose. Don’t get me wrong the GT6 does have cool sounds but just not what I was looking for.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.