Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Gretsch harry volpe 1941

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.] i recently find a Gretsch harry volpe special guitar 1941 is an acoustic guitar with flat spruce top and beatiful carved flame maple rear can anyone tell me something about? thanks a lot

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

PS. Any pictures would also help.

Thanks

Anonymous

I bought a guitar at Lundburgs(no longer in business) in Berkeley CA. ~1985.I was told it was a 1940-41 Volpe Special. It came to the shop in total disrepair.
      A new spruce top was put on and the head stock did not have the Volpe name which the luthier thought might have been. in it’s place was a blank piece of ivory put in by the luthier. This ia a killer guitar. Write me and give me any info you might have relating to this model

Anonymous

: : : i recently find a Gretsch harry volpe special guitar 1941
      : : : is an acoustic guitar with flat spruce top and beatiful carved
      : : : flame maple rear can anyone tell me something about?

: : : thanks a lot

harry is my uncle its possible i can get you going in the right direction if your still interested

Anonymous

: : i recently find a Gretsch harry volpe special guitar 1941
      : : is an acoustic guitar with flat spruce top and beatiful carved
      : : flame maple rear can anyone tell me something about?

: : thanks a lot

Anonymous

: I recently found one of my grandfather’s guitars, the Epiphone Harry Volpe Model at a guitar store in NY. I am interested in finding a Gretsch in the future.

Anonymous

in 1939 Harry Volpe was awarded most popular swing guitarist by Fred Gretch president of the american guild of banjoists guitarists and mandolinists.It was after this that he endorsed Gretch guitars. He was a good mascot being that he probably taught thousand’s of students over the years some times including whole classes in photo ad’s for Gretch. He did at other times play other forgotten makes of guitars such as Vega, Maccaferi, & Iucci. He was pretty good I actualy have a record of his!!!

Anonymous

Harry Volpe was Radio city’s guitarist. He made the guitar famous. the guitar came into prominance with the intriduction of the amplifier.Prior to that it to Tenor Banjo; an instrument that was loud and could be heard without being amplified.

Anonymous

: i recently find a Gretsch harry volpe special guitar 1941
      : is an acoustic guitar with flat spruce top and beatiful carved
      : flame maple rear can anyone tell me something about?

: thanks a lot

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.