Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics cimar eletric guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I played a Cimar stinger bass in the 70’s and 80’s. Just managed to buy an old one and am busy stripping it and doing a bit of paint customising (I am a Scot living in Holland so will be putting a bit of home into it) !!!!!!
      Great guitars really for the price
      Bill

Anonymous

: hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars? Hi,My first elect guitar was a Cimar LP juniour made in japan,good quality ,great sound,new in 1976.Played in a band with it after finishing school.Have still got it and pulled it out of the shed a couple of years ago , to me it has improved more with age . I am currently refurbishing it for my daughter.I read a few guitar mags and quite frankly im sick of hearing about old fenders ,its getting a bit like Marcia,Marcia,Marcia.We know they are a good thing but there are other great guitars around.Anyway thats my 2 cents worth,as for the history of Cimar I can’t help you but I would like to Know myself ,so any info you can pass on to me if you like .Thanks . Peter.

Anonymous

: hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars? Hi There. I bought one Cimar Strat copy back in 1977 brand new. sunburst with mapleneck. It played very nice,and had a Fender 70ties large headstock. it had a threeway pickup switch as I can recall

Anonymous

: : hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars? : Hi There. : I bought one Cimar Strat copy back in 1977 brand new. sunburst with mapleneck. It played very nice,and had a Fender 70ties large headstock. it had a threeway pickup switch as I can recall the picups were not the best i`ve heard, but the overall quality was just as good as a tokai or ibanez from that time period I should never have sold it

Anonymous

I do remember them. In particular, I remember the ‘stinger’ bass and guitar series which were, roughly speaking, stratocaster and precision bass copies. If I remember correctly, Cimar was a ‘budget’ line made by Ibanez.

Anonymous

never heard of them, but they sound like a jap copy firm, is it made in japan?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.