Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1975 Takamine & Co. 12 String Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought a 12 string guitar with the original old logo on the headstock that says, "Takamine & Co." on the top. I contacted Takamine to discuss maybe getting electronics and an EQ to put in it and they contacted me back. Using the serial number the guy told me it was made in November of 1975. When I got it, it appeared to have been bought for a gift for someone, they never learned and just let it sit. I bought the guitar used, scratchless, and it still is, no dings etc and I just play it in my basement.

The guy at Takamine said, "Everyone will give you a hard time if you want an EQ and pickup put in it, etc.. etc about the Luthiers."

So I have a question. What would me Takamine & Co. November 1975 twelve string be worth if its in MINT condition. It’s an F400 with a laminated Spruce top, white body binding and the rest of the body neck etc is rosewood.

Nothing has been changed on it but the strings.

What’s it worth? Please reply to [email protected] with any thoughts. Thanks!

Related News:
    Five Tempting 12 String Electric Guitars

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

by the way, it has gold plated hardware. It also has binding on the back of the body too and a fancy pattern down the seam in the back. And you can see it here at this link. http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1074&sid=351 Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

I have a 1975 F-400 twelve sting too. Did you ever discover what this guitar would be worth. Mine plays great, even barre chords.

Anonymous

hey. I have one of those too. I was wondering the same thing, ran a search and found your question. You ever find anything out?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.