Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Korean Tele Copy?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi. I was wondering. i recently inherited an old Korean knock-off of a ’72 Tele Custom with a covered bridge. It is in great condition besides a messed up pickup toggle. I know almost everything about the guitar except the make — the name on the headstock was scraped off leaving only an "s" at the beginning. Any clue what make this might be, or how much it would be worth?
    Thannx lots.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

It could be a Squire. What does the "S" look like? Go to MusiciansFriend.com , search the site for Squire Tele and see if it looks like one the same S on them. As to the value, it’s hard to say. Do you know how long the person you inherited from had it? Or a serial # on it? : Hi. I was wondering. i recently inherited an old Korean knock-off of a ’72 Tele Custom with a covered bridge. It is in great condition besides a messed up pickup toggle. I know almost everything about the guitar except the make — the name on the headstock was scraped off leaving only an "s" at the beginning. Any clue what make this might be, or how much it would be worth? : Thannx lots.

Anonymous

Squire Tele’s made in Korea? didnt think they were, could be a sattelite, maybe sigma but i think they were mainly jap copies. the serial number would help.

Anonymous

: Squire Tele’s made in Korea? didnt think they were, could be a sattelite, maybe sigma but i think they were mainly jap copies. the serial number would help. You know it could be a samick? I know they make a lot of knock off copies, as well as a few of the name brands. Lee’s right, the serial # would really help. I’ve unpacked and unboxed a lot of guitars since 1990 that said made in usa on them, but the shipping lable says they came from Indoniesia, Japan and Korea. We made the checks payable to Samick corp.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.