Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Charvel/Jackson Model number question?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a strat-style Charvel that I bought back in the late 80’s from a friend. I am looking to find out what model it is and where it was made. I have a serial number 243373 and there is all Jackson hardware on the axe. It is a bridge humbucker and 2 forward singles configuration. It is a blue metal flake color, and has a bolt on neck that is maple (back) and rosewood (I THINK) fretboard. The headstock is painted top, and not overlaid. Can anyone help me find this information? I would really appreciate any help. Please mail me at [email protected] for a reply.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a strat-style Charvel that I bought back in the late 80’s from a friend. I am looking to find out what model it is and where it was made. I have a serial number 243373 and there is all Jackson hardware on the axe. It is a bridge humbucker and 2 forward singles configuration. It is a blue metal flake color, and has a bolt on neck that is maple (back) and rosewood (I THINK) fretboard. The headstock is painted top, and not overlaid. Can anyone help me find this information? I would really appreciate any help. Please mail me at [email protected] for a reply. No offence taken on my part man. I only stated what the dealers and repairmens identification books say about the inquirey. Check these out when you have time. Note the six didgit ser. #. Be sure to read about the plates that got away too. http://www.jacksonguitars.com http://www.jacksonmuseum.com http://www.sandimascharvel.com

Anonymous

Take my word, its a charvel model four, sounds like an 84 model, i had one too, mine was red, sold it though, wish i hadnt : I have a strat-style Charvel that I bought back in the late 80’s from a friend. I am looking to find out what model it is and where it was made. I have a serial number 243373 and there is all Jackson hardware on the axe. It is a bridge humbucker and 2 forward singles configuration. It is a blue metal flake color, and has a bolt on neck that is maple (back) and rosewood (I THINK) fretboard. The headstock is painted top, and not overlaid. Can anyone help me find this information? I would really appreciate any help. Please mail me at [email protected] for a reply.

Anonymous

The Blue Book of Guitar Values and Identification for Dealers and Repairmen shows it to be a Model 3, mfd. 1986-1989. It’s an up grade to the Model 1, it looks like the Model 4, except it had 2 single coil/one humbucker pickup configuration with a 5 position switch. The Model 4 has 2 humbuckers, standard vibrato, 5 way switch with active electronics and was mfd. 1986-1989 also. The blue metallic color was not available standard untill 1991, so it would be a custom color option. The standard neck was maple with 22 fret maple fingerboard. If it’s rosewood then it’s a custom option too. The color of the guitar shaped Charvel logo is a clue to where it was made. The Gold logos are USA made. White or Black logos are made overseas, Korea mostly. Last Mfr’s Sug. Retail price for the Model 3 USA make was $650.00. If you can send me some pic’s of it I may be able to tell you what it’s valued at. : Take my word, its a charvel model four, sounds like an 84 model, i had one too, mine was red, sold it though, wish i hadnt : : I have a strat-style Charvel that I bought back in the late 80’s from a friend. I am looking to find out what model it is and where it was made. I have a serial number 243373 and there is all Jackson hardware on the axe. It is a bridge humbucker and 2 forward singles configuration. It is a blue metal flake color, and has a bolt on neck that is maple (back) and rosewood (I THINK) fretboard. The headstock is painted top, and not overlaid. Can anyone help me find this information? I would really appreciate any help. Please mail me at [email protected] for a reply.

Anonymous

not to start fightsd but that is incorrect my friend, you see the charvel model 4 has one jackson active humbucker and 2 jackson pickups, it has no 5 way toggle switch, it has no 3 way toggle switch, each humbucker and pickup has its own controll, 3 seperate switches that control each pickup/humbucker by flipping it up the pickup/humbucker is turned on and vise versa, they have bolt on necks, yes, i know a bit about charvels and i dont know where your source is because you cant find any information on charvel guitars, not even on their sites, trust me, it comes exactly as ive explained, its a model 4 i dont care about the years, but my vin number on the neck plate said it was an 84, and they didnt come with standard tremolos either, they came with khaler floating tremolos which are now the only reason people buy them because of the rarity of the tremolo system, the tremolo system also has a vin on it saying it was from 84 and made in the USA on mine, and thus brings it to being the stock tremolo. because if my guitar was modified in anyway by the trem, itd have a floyd not a khaler floating trem cause a standard trem would leave the rear cavity hollow if replaced by a floater. thanks, have a nice day, Trevor : The Blue Book of Guitar Values and Identification for Dealers and Repairmen shows it to be a Model 3, mfd. 1986-1989. It’s an up grade to the Model 1, it looks like the Model 4, except it had 2 single coil/one humbucker pickup configuration with a 5 position switch. The Model 4 has 2 humbuckers, standard vibrato, 5 way switch with active electronics and was mfd. 1986-1989 also. The blue metallic color was not available standard untill 1991, so it would be a custom color option. The standard neck was maple with 22 fret maple fingerboard. If it’s rosewood then it’s a custom option too. The color of the guitar shaped Charvel logo is a clue to where it was made. The Gold logos are USA made. White or Black logos are made overseas, Korea mostly. Last Mfr’s Sug. Retail price for the Model 3 USA make was $650.00. If you can send me some pic’s of it I may be able to tell you what it’s valued at. : : : Take my word, its a charvel model four, sounds like an 84 model, i had one too, mine was red, sold it though, wish i hadnt : : : I have a strat-style Charvel that I bought back in the late 80’s from a friend. I am looking to find out what model it is and where it was made. I have a serial number 243373 and there is all Jackson hardware on the axe. It is a bridge humbucker and 2 forward singles configuration. It is a blue metal flake color, and has a bolt on neck that is maple (back) and rosewood (I THINK) fretboard. The headstock is painted top, and not overlaid. Can anyone help me find this information? I would really appreciate any help. Please mail me at [email protected] for a reply.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.