Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Rickenbacker Banjoline

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am trying to find information on a Rickenbacker Banjoline. I would like to find an original manual on it. I came by one that is in very good shape in its original case. I would like to know how to tune it, how to best care for it, exactly what strings to buy for it, playing tips, etc.

If anyone out there knows something about this instrument, I sure would like to hear it.

Stu

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hey Stu, it’s really cool that some guys wrote about your question, I love this forum and the many directions that things can go. Sincerely. But for info on your Rickenbacker, you might try the official Rickenbacker website, and begin contacting some of their reps. My son "Ricky Boy" who’s name is Andrew, and I have received some assistance there re: our Rickenbacker ownership & technical issues. There is not likely anybody there now that has very much "historical" information, but since you are polite and also sincere, maybe they will hear you out and provide whatever info they can. All the best, Dwight

Anonymous

Hey Hey, I wonder if that is my old Banjoline, they were rare back in 66, and a real find today. I played with the "Bluetunes", and used it in a few different Elvis movies, also opened for the Beatles with it at Madison Square Gardens. Couldn’t hardly pry it out of John Lennons hands after one show. If it is in fact my ol axe "Jezi", you will find my initials BM in a very small pencil mark inside the body. I hope it is my baby, as it was sold by my exwife down in Alabama, and I would love to find out that she is ok : I am trying to find information on a Rickenbacker Banjoline. I would like to find an original manual on it. I came by one that is in very good shape in its original case. I would like to know how to tune it, how to best care for it, exactly what strings to buy for it, playing tips, etc. : If anyone out there knows something about this instrument, I sure would like to hear it. : Stu

Anonymous

: I am trying to find information on a Rickenbacker Banjoline. I would like to find an original manual on it. I came by one that is in very good shape in its original case. I would like to know how to tune it, how to best care for it, exactly what strings to buy for it, playing tips, etc. : If anyone out there knows something about this instrument, I sure would like to hear it. : Stu Stu, Maybe someone has already contacted you. I’m not sure how this follow up thing works, or if you will get this message. The electric banjoline was developed by the late Eddie Peabody, a phenominal plectrum banjo player. The plectrum banjo tuning was used on the banjoline, but the bottom two strings were doubled, like a mandolin.They were tuned in octaves. The trasditional tuning for the plectrum, which Eddie would have used, would be ( from the lowest strings to the highest,) C-G-B-D.So, even though it has six strings, you play it as if it had four. The instrument was developed so Eddie could play softer music at his gigs and on his recordings. I’ve been looking for one. If you get this email, write back to me. I have some old Eddie Peabody records that I could dub off for you. He made two albums on the Dot label which featured the banjoline exclusively. They were entitled " Eddie Peabody plays Smoothies" and " Eddie Peabody plays more Smoothies." Sometimes they come up on ebay and you can get them really cheap. I’ll dig around. I don’t have a manual, but I have lots of information about Eddie Peabody and maybe I can find something for you. Ken From the Finger Lakes of New York.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.