Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Very Old Guitar (What is it?)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I received my grandpa’s guitar a several years ago when he died. There are no brand logos or markings anywhere on the guitar. It is an old archtop. on the back side of the head it says "Model No. 319.12401001 Made in U.S.A." Inside the body of the guitar are stamps with the number 2854 12401 and another stamp that says F71FS. There are also the handwritten initials "KF". If you know what I’ve got could you please let me know!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Look at the atomic dot close it’s an SR

Anonymous

Actually, 319.12401001 is the model number. It was made by Harmony for Sears Roebuck.
      This was my first guitar, which I got in the early seventies. My guitar had no brand name or logo other than a silver “atomic dot” on the headstock. There is one of these up for bid on ebay right now. You can find it if you search the model number on the ebay internet site.

Anonymous

It’s a silvertone guitar, they been around since 1949. The F71FS must be a model number, the 12401001 may be the serial number. 2854 might be the date code, Feb 8th, 1954, that’s a maybe now. The KF I guess is the initials of the person who worked on it, made it or used to own it. The only thing I am sure of is it is a Silvertone. I’ll post more to you if I find it. : I received my grandpa’s guitar a several years ago when he died. There are no brand logos or markings anywhere on the guitar. It is an old archtop. on the back side of the head it says "Model No. 319.12401001 Made in U.S.A." Inside the body of the guitar are stamps with the number 2854 12401 and another stamp that says F71FS. There are also the handwritten initials "KF". If you know what I’ve got could you please let me know!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.