Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics old vintage sears roebuck, need value

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i found an old sears roebuck at goodwill for 0. its an electric hollowbody with a sort of sunburst to it. 2 single coil pickups and vibrato, but the bar is missing. everything is in working order and has expected wear and tear with its age but no real damage, overall good condition. I spent an hour online searching through everything and couldnt get anything about it. I am by no means an expert but would guess early 60s.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: It’s possibly a Silvertone. They were offered by Sears and made by Harmony guitars. The Harmony Company was purchased by Sears, Roebuck in 1916. Harmony carried several brand names which they bought the rights to in the late 30’s and early 40’s, including: Airline, Fender, Kay and Regal among the most notable. But the Silvertone series was probably the most popular. The models with the Sears name were from the Silvertone line of guitars and sold in the stores or catalog orders. Most Harmony’s sold for under $200.00 new. Not a lot of desirability among collectors, except for the Silvertone models. Bringing anywhere from $400.00 to $800.00 depending on style, condition and configuration. By any chance, does it have an aluminum binding? There is one of note that would bring about $1,000.00 in the cleanest of condition. It was a single cut away, hollow body with a huge aluminum binding. The company was dissolved in approximately 1974.

Anonymous

its a duel cutaway… and from what i could tell the silvertones said silvertone on them, this has a "SR" sears roebuck logo on the head and says sears roebuck where the model # is, but says nothing else anywhere. It does have an aluminum binding, but its not huge

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.