Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics agile guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I got the agile SG clone the valkrye or whatever, the guitar is well built, the setup when it came was fine the only i really didnt like was the pickups wernt waxed right or shielded right or something, it squeeled like a mofo, dont get me wrong the pickups sounded great at low volumes so i replaced the pickups with seymour duncans and the guitar plays and sounds fantastic. : has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated

Anonymous

i can’t get off my arse and try em out cos im yet to find one anywhere in the uk so ha! anyway, just lay off plz- every post i do you make me sound like a schizophrenic or sumthin ur like a particularly annoying little brother and you smell. So there. (thanks lefthand)

Anonymous

if you cant take it dont dish it, i cant remember the last time you said anything worthwhile.

Anonymous

why dont you just try one and stop bleating, get off your butt and get out and try it.

Anonymous

: has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated Try the Harmony-Central.com forum. Loads of reviews and evangelists there! I’ve yet to try one, but they seem to get glowing reviews when it comes to price vs. value in comparison to the Big G/Little E stuff.

Anonymous

I bought one of the AL 2800 Flame Top Cherry Sunburst electrics, which is basically a Les Paul standard, but it has binding on the headstock as well as the body, and neck. The guitar was $299.95, plus like $25.00 bucks for shipping. This is the nicest guitar I have ever owned. The quality of workmanship, and the finish are outstanding!!! It came right out of the box with excellent action, great tone, and it stays in tune. I live in Washington State, and the guitar got to my door in about 4 days from Rondo music in Union, New Jersey. If you don’t mind playing a Les Paul that doesn’t say Gibson on the headstock, then you owe it to yourself to BUY THIS GUITAR. You won’t be sorry. Do not buy an Epiphone. This guitar is better for half the price. You can find them on E-bay as well, the seller is "kurtzentmaier".

Anonymous

: : has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated : Try the Harmony-Central.com forum. Loads of reviews and evangelists there! I’ve yet to try one, but they seem to get glowing reviews when it comes to price vs. value in comparison to the Big G/Little E stuff. I own a white 2800 which is the Les Paul knock off with gold hardware and 3 pickups. I love this guitar. I upgraded and put an EMG in the bridge position and this thing sounds like Zakk Wylde’s guitar. Very comfortable to play and good quality. I’ve been playing for 21 years and I will not get rid of this axe.

Anonymous

: : has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated. : Try the Harmony-Central.com forum. Loads of reviews and evangelists there! I’ve yet to try one, but they seem to get glowing reviews when it comes to price vs. value in comparison to the Big G/Little E stuff. :There’s a lot of discussion about the Agiles on the FDP Forum. http://www.fenderforum.com/forum

Anonymous

: : has anyone tried any of them? ive been thinking of getting the special ‘paul with p90’s, only i dont know if theyre any good or not. I might just get a delay or sumthin instead. Any help apprectiated : Try the Harmony-Central.com forum. Loads of reviews and evangelists there! I’ve yet to try one, but they seem to get glowing reviews when it comes to price vs. value in comparison to the Big G/Little E stuff.

Anonymous

Oops, sorry about the previous mis-post!! I have a blue flame Agile DLX 2800 that I bought earlier this year. Here’s the real skinny on it… I have been playing guitar now for 25 years and have played everything from the worst crapola guitars to fine handcrafted instruments. When I bought the Agile I was sure I was buying a total POS. The hype I was seeing about them was overwhelming and I kept wondering how could a $309 guitar get such high marks? After curiosity finally got the best of me, I decided to find out for myself and bought the 2800 DLX: First things first. Rondo Music was GREAT to deal with. They were Honest about what they sold and did not try to convince you that they were selling guitars for $300 that could play like guitars 10X thier cost. They sold it to you as a guitar that played like it was worth MORE that $309, just try it and see. That being said, The day my guitar arrived I opened it up and found a well packed really great looking Les Paul Knockoff. I examined the finish of the guitar for a bit, and did manage to find some minor overspraying problems on the bindings (and I do mean MINOR like a single speck of paint) but otherwise it was very shiny and looked great. Next I plugged it in for a test. the Sound for stock (Alnico5) pickups was surprisingly nice and crisp sounding. It distorted well when pushed and produced little if any feed back without provocation. The playability on the guitar on the other hand was ATROCIOUS and the setup on the guitar seriously left something to be desired. I dont know who sets these up at the factory, but they should be FIRED immediately! The DLX2800 came with a hand carved bone nut and a graphite one in a bag with the allen key. First order of business… rip off the nut. I have NEVER seen a nut bind strings like this one and it made tuning an unbearable chore. Either replace it with the graphite nut, or lubricate the one thats on it. In My case I kept and lubed the bone nut and filed the hell (3/16ths) out of the it just so I could get the action lower than my acoustic. The truss rod needed adjustment and the bridge was positioned too high as well. Additionally, I discovered that the pickups were wired incorrectly (backwards) and I needed to re-solder the wires in thier correct places. The problem was that if you turned one pickup down it turned them both down. I found out later that this is actually a fairly common mistake when wiring pickups. Apparently the tech wires it like a fender setup rather than a gibson set up and it throws things out of phase or something like that. I don’t remember the exact phrasing, but that was the gist of it. All I know is, I reversed the wiring and now it works correctly. Once I had these things taken care of, the guitar plays like an absolute DREAM. I was shocked at just how nice of a guitar this was for a mere $309 plus a little sweat on my part. Although mine had a few flaws, these were (for me) easily rectified with about an hours worth of work. I would definitely reccommend the agile but with warning to the person I am reccommending it to: For the inexperienced guitarist I woul tell them to spend the few extra buck to have a pro setup and inspection done on it as soon as it arrives. If there is a problem call Rondo and fill them in on it. They are a great group to work with. To the experienced I would say to be prepared for a somewhat temultuous setup with amazing rewards. I personally like to tweak my guitars to my liking a bit so for me this was all part of the process, although the setup should not have been as far off as it was. It was borderline "unplayable" when it arrived and butter just shortly thereafter. Once again, for $309 you just can’t go too far wrong. This is a real wood archtop (not photofinished like the Epiphones are.) and the finish on the guitar is really great. Once a decent setup is done it is a terrific guitar that will definitely have a susteined place in my collection. Hope this is of some help T

Anonymous

:Next I plugged it in for a test. the Sound for stock (Alnico5) pickups was surprisingly nice and crisp sounding. It distorted well when pushed and produced little if any feed back without provocation. Agile’s P-90s have Alnico 5 magnets? Cool! I expected they’d probably have ceramic magnets, as their humbuckers do. I’ve got an AS-820 semihollowbody (ES-335 knockoff) with the P-90s coming. I expect to have to set it up, but I’m pretty handy at that sort of thing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.