Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics NEED INFO ON PAN GUITARS PLEASE

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

can anyone please tell me how to get info on pan guitars I recently had one given to me and I know nothing about them Anything would be a great help
    Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just bought one and what a find Its a perfect copy of the Gibson dove The one I got has been well taken cared of Its slowly becoming my all time favorite

Anonymous

Pan was made by Arai who later made Aria and many other models. I have a hollow body electric. For a good company history check out http://www.therathole.org/guitars/arai_matsumoku.html

Anonymous

The first time I saw one (ES335 shape with a Fender-style headstock) the owner told me that Elvis played one…I don’t know, though. A friend of mine here in Canada now has one that I came across in a local store, second-hand, and it’s a beautiful guitar.

Anonymous

yeah, pan used to be a pretty nice guitar company, but then gibson bought them out and stopped making them. the pan logo was this sweet dove on the pickguard, which gibson adopted for their dove model acoustic. thats all i really know, though.

Anonymous

: yeah, pan used to be a pretty nice guitar company, but then gibson bought them out and stopped making them. the pan logo was this sweet dove on the pickguard, which gibson adopted for their dove model acoustic. thats all i really know, though. A little more: First of all I do not disagree with anything said. But Pan history is deeply shrouded in mystery and lack of information. I bought a new one in 1971 and gave it to my sister. I still see it and maintain it regularly. I also bought a second one the following year. The dealer who represented them, said that they were actually a "secret". He stated that the company was owned by Gibson. It’s purpose was to make & sell guitars out of the Orient, without involving Gibson’s own name, or any company affilition. Later, Gibson apparently decided that it was allright, making business sense to contract out and slap their name "Epiphone" on the Oriental guitars. They closed Pan and had great success with their Epi’s. For what it’s worth, Pans were good guitars and I later saw identical copies of them, except they became Aria brand. That cute little logo on the headstock is actually a musical nymph named Pan. The pickguards had a stylized molded-in logo that looked like it said CC. Best of luck with yours, Strat Man Dwight

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.